Training Plan Editor (Read 5143 times)

Michael Rohlf

Thanks, Eric. I haven't tried entering any more data yet, but I'll let you know if I do have any more problems. Now that I've been using this for a few days now with the new training plan feature, I'm starting to appreciate how awesome it is. Great idea and great work.

hal313

After using the training plan editor for the past week or so, I am smitten!

I may be a fringe case, but when I build my plans, I like to know how many hours/day I am working out; in addition, I like a summary (by workout type [run, swim, bike, etc.]) per week indicating hours and distance. This makes it easy to build a plan by volume (x hours/day or x hours/week). I notice that there IS a summary (of time/distance per week) when you are done editing (you only get a distance summary while editing). Does anyone else build a workout plan like this?

To summarize:

1. Both the "plan view" and "edit plan view" could include breakdowns indicating:
        1. total hours/day
        2. total distance/discipline for each day
        3. total time/discipline for each day
        4. total hours/week

Thanks!

Dude let me just say this just rocks.  I'm super impressed and I am not easily impressed. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Very good work. Simple and it works Smile

This is pretty brilliant, Eric.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

kitt-cat

Hey Eric,

I came across a little bug. I tried to add a strength training entry for yesterday, that was part of a planned workout. When I went to "New Workout Entry" and then tried to edit the date for 7/5/2011 (instead of default being today), set that it was part of a planned workout, and clicked "save", I got an "Unknown Error" error message and the entry did not save. I did manage to add the workout by going to my calendar, clicking on the planned workout entry, and then inputting the duration and clicking save.

Just thought you might want to know!

Thanks!

Great addition to RA!  I echo others request for iCal export support.

eric :)

Hey Eric,

I came across a little bug. I tried to add a strength training entry for yesterday, that was part of a planned workout. When I went to "New Workout Entry" and then tried to edit the date for 7/5/2011 (instead of default being today), set that it was part of a planned workout, and clicked "save", I got an "Unknown Error" error message and the entry did not save. I did manage to add the workout by going to my calendar, clicking on the planned workout entry, and then inputting the duration and clicking save.

Just thought you might want to know!

Thanks!

kitt-cat,

I fixed the problem.  Could you give it a try again?

This is a really great addition, Eric.  Just in time to ramp up training for marathon season.

Thanks for all of the work that you put into the site.

Great job Eric ... RA keeps getting better and better!

+1 on the iCalendar export as a future feature. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_applications_with_iCalendar_support.

Eric,

Thanks for the training plan!  Very cool.  I'm both excited and nervous about going completely paperless with my training plan.

I think I noticed a bug, but it could be me.  I can't see the mileage summary in my training plan.  The calendar cuts off the summary column and I can only see the first digit of the total mileage for the week.  But, I can see my total mileage for the week in the main Calendar view just fine.  Is something making the width of the columns different?  I can always zoom in to see it when I'm creating the plan, but thought I'd run it by you.  And, it prints out fine.  If it helps, I'm using IE8 on a netbook.

Julia

Hi Julia,

I'm not aware of any problems with the training plan editor.  Is it possible that you're zoomed in/out on the page?  Try pressing Ctrl-0 (zero) to reset the zoom level.  What is your screen resolution?  I do my best to keep all the pages to be viewable on a screen with 1024 pixels wide.

Please don't exclaim! at eric Smile

He's a tweaking creative genius and deserves only respect and gratitude.

Thanks for all your hard work eric.

Thanks for standing up to Greg.  He can be a bully at times Wink

Heh.  I hope Eric knows my tone is an appreciative one.  Smile

In fact, if Eric made an API available I might be tempted to write an iCal exporter myself.  Smile Smile Smile  Please?

Greg,

I'm working on an API now.  Even if there's an api, don't you need to store your code somewhere?

After using the training plan editor for the past week or so, I am smitten!

I may be a fringe case, but when I build my plans, I like to know how many hours/day I am working out; in addition, I like a summary (by workout type [run, swim, bike, etc.]) per week indicating hours and distance. This makes it easy to build a plan by volume (x hours/day or x hours/week). I notice that there IS a summary (of time/distance per week) when you are done editing (you only get a distance summary while editing). Does anyone else build a workout plan like this?

To summarize:

1. Both the "plan view" and "edit plan view" could include breakdowns indicating:
                                1. total hours/day
                                2. total distance/discipline for each day
                                3. total time/discipline for each day
                                4. total hours/week

Thanks!

hal313,

Your request is reasonable.  However, the trouble I'm having with it is where to put it?  There isn't much room left anywhere.  I don't want to add it haphazardly and clutter the interface.  Ideas?

This is a really great addition, Eric.  Just in time to ramp up training for marathon season.

Thanks for all of the work that you put into the site.

Yup, I was just about to enter my Fall training plan on Google calendar.  Timing couldn't be better (unless of course it was ready a year ago Wink )

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.