Good news! Archive of former RW community (Read 345 times)

evanrunner

Archive.org has a complete(ish) copy of the until-recently-active RW forum.

It's located here: http://web.archive.org/web/20170928045649/http://community.runnersworld.com/

(That is not a malformed address. It's how archive.org works.)

#artbydmcbride

what's the good news?  

Runners run

ViBe71

Archive.org has a complete(ish) copy of the until-recently-active RW forum.

It's located here: http://web.archive.org/web/20170928045649/http://community.runnersworld.com/

(That is not a malformed address. It's how archive.org works.)

Thank you very much Evan!

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Harmony Hustle 5K (4/27/24), Broad Street 10M (5/5/24), YMCA 5k (5/11/24)

Mr MattM

The wayback machine doesn't preserve whole sites.  You'll find lots of the content links aren't there...

Then again, looking around it seems like a good amount of the site is online. Since there isn't a search though, I'm not sure what I'd use it for.

be curious; not judgmental

evanrunner

Archive.org, just like the rest of us, only had a couple of days' noticed before RW abruptly declared that the community never existed.

But anyway it's good they were able to save some of it.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Thanks, but no thanks.

Goodbye RW.

Hello RA.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

AceHarris

I'm curious if the RW forum decision has affected their overall site traffic. I typically went to RW for the forums and then would inevitably read some articles, etc, but now I don't. I doubt it's having much impact, but I'd be interested to see.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I, too, would often visit the RW site after going to the forums, but I've only been there once since they shut down the communities.  Even if it does slow their traffic, I doubt they'll ever admit to it.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Ace - I'm pretty sure it will have caused a drop in their traffic. Like Fred, I don't think they would ever admit it. I haven't visited the site since I heard they shut it down early.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Mr MattM

I doubt that their message board traffic revenue came anywhere near covering their cost.   They were very likely losing money on the deal.

be curious; not judgmental

kkittenkat

English Villian

Thanks, but no thanks.

Goodbye RW.

Hello RA.

Hello! 

I recently announced my retirement from running, only to be talked into it again. What have you got lined up?

Lane

Off topic, but I used to play the heck out of a Commander Keen game when I was a kid.  Awesome name/avatar.

Ace - I'm pretty sure it will have caused a drop in their traffic. Like Fred, I don't think they would ever admit it. I haven't visited the site since I heard they shut it down early.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Hello! 

I recently announced my retirement from running, only to be talked into it again. What have you got lined up?

Hi kkittenkat, I’m glad you didn’t take early retirement as I can see you being competitive again when the time is right. Never say never!

My next race (of any importance?) will be London marathon next April, which will be my 8th in a row. That race just ticks every box for me. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

kkittenkat

English Villian

Hi kkittenkat, I’m glad you didn’t take early retirement as I can see you being competitive again when the time is right. Never say never!

My next race (of any importance?) will be London marathon next April, which will be my 8th in a row. That race just ticks every box for me. 

I love London, I've done 5 and been an official pacer one year (no pressure there!).

Glad you haven't gone off the radar Smile I've been roped into cross country for the club and will do the Welsh castles next summer again with them.

Work has just gone mental and I'm doing the chartered managers degree apprenticeship, so I'm a very busy kat. I'm doing a lot of cross training but not so much running. Saying that I will get out there this weekend at some point.

RSX

I only go back to the page which directs me to the FB groups to view only. I have it saved as a favorite so I don’t go through the spam delay crap.