Fit comparison between Adrenaline 8, 9, 10? (Read 699 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

My Adrenaline 8's are starting to get up in miles and I need to think about replaecment shortly.  I know I'm a little behind in models, but I don't do huge mileage.  I've been reading some sort of conflicting reviews of the sizing/structure between the 9s and the 8's, and then the 10's are back to being like the 8's.  Sierra reviews all seem to be that people that liked the 8's also liked the 9's.  I started on the 6's and have worked my way up and don't want to switch.

Anyone made that transition and offer any suggestions?  the 9's are cheaper at the moment, but won't do me much good if they don't fit like the 8's.

Thanks for any info.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I have been running strictly with the Adrenalines since the gts 8 & will stick with them.  I did notice a slight difference between each new model but can't say exactly what caused the difference.  I have noticed that it took longer/more mileage for the 9's & the 10's to break in or feel right for me.  I now go through around 3 pairs per year & 500-600 miles each.  the 9's & 10's for some reason I got more miles compared to the 8's.  Just broke out my 3rd new pair for the year of 10's last week.  I have tried most of the shoe brands over the years & always come back to Brooks.  I am not changing or even looking to change any longer unless Brooks really starts messing with them.

Menace to Sobriety

I've been in them since the 4s or 5s. Always the same size with no issues.  As Skyedog says, there are differences from model to model, but mostly its a feel issue. Some feel a little stiffer, some not as stiff, softer, firmer, etc. Never had any issues with fit in any way.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

Same here.  I don't remember when/which ones have been the 8, 9, or 10 because they all work(ed) fine.

(Mizuno Alchemy, on the other hand?  Oh my)

(Mizuno Alchemy, on the other hand?  Oh my)

Not to threadjack, but if you're talking about the 9 v. 10 ... please expound.  I've tried the 9 and am circling a pair of 10s.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

I thought it was the Alchemy 9s that were pieces of shit (in my opinion), but I just stared at them and they seem to be 8s.

ANYWAY.  I ran in Alchemy as my main shoe (and I'm a 360+ mile per month runner) since version 2.  Aside from being not-that-durable, I liked them lots.  Until I got to v8.  Something changed.  On any run longer than 8 miles in the Alchemy 8s, the balls of my feet hurt like hell.  And, well, many of my runs are longer than 8 miles.  I have tried 2 different pairs.  Same thing.

I really, really thought this happened with v9.  I am somewhat surprised.  Anyway, I probably won't try v9+ unless I happen upon a very cheap pair.  Adrenalines and Trances and the occasional Nirvana and Kayano are fine and they all go 500ish miles for me.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks for the input, guys.  Not nearly at your mileage levels, but sure sounds like I shouldn't go too far wrong with trying the 9's.  Sierra Tading has them at a reasonable price.  Now I just have to decide on the right color.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Kenotic Runner

I've worn out the first pair of 10s already and got a great price on some 9s, so I'm going out of order.

My 9s feel a bit bigger than my 8s and 10s.

I really liked the 10s.

Sinclair

I am on my 3rd and 4th pair of the Brooks Adrenaline 8s.

I didn't start out doing a llot of miles.

First pair felt great, than at mileage 250 miles/ 1 year later, I got a toe injury out of the blue.  I didn't hit it or anything.  My doc said my shoes were worn out.  At 250 miles!! I was bummed.

Second pair, at 250 miles / 9 months, I got another sudden injury out of the blue.  Can u see a pattern here?

I felt like for that money, I should get more than 250 miles out the shoe.  Anyway,

Third pair, at 225 miles/6 months, NO injury so I started rotating in the 4th pair.  The third pair is at 271 miles / 7 months and pair 4 is at 57 miles/4 months.  No injury so far.  Now I use pair 3 for my short runs of 6 miles or less and the newer pair 4 for my long runs.

I guess I have to start rotating them in to get more life.  I am moving into the Adrenaline 10s next.  I din't really like the 9s when I tried them on but loved the light, sleek but supportive feel of the 10s.

Lovey

wickedlady

Funny, I just bought my 2nd pair of 10s today.  I love em!

Funny, I just bought my 2nd pair of 10s today.  I love em!

Yeah the 10s are awesome. they havent failed me yet

Goals For 2011:

sub 2:30 800m

Sub 6:00 Mile (PR 5:34)

Sub 20:00 5k

250 Mile Club

Matt_B

I just bought my second pair of Adrenaline 10's as well.  I got 375 miles in my first pair, which isn't bad for being 175 lbs. I do races and shorter runs in the Brooks Racer ST. I'm considering some Mizuno Wave Inspire 6 to throw in the rotation for easy runs.