Unable to edit the Interval Data (Read 464 times)

My 301 was not receiving the satellite signals very well today and it cut a some  corners to the tune of nearly 0.3 miles. I wanted to change the interval data so they would reflect the true splits and I am unable to modify any of them. I also tried to add a new one and delete the existing ones, but could not accomplish that either.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Windows XP Professional

IE 8.0

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

eric :)

I am unable to reproduce this problem.  Can you provide me with more details?  What are the symptoms?  What are the sequence of steps?  What is the exact version of IE8?
          I am unable to reproduce this problem.  Can you provide me with more details?  What are the symptoms?  What are the sequence of steps?  What is the exact version of IE8?

After I upload from my Forerunner 301, I fill in some of the data fields like weight, route, workout type, temp etc. I use another program that lets me edit the data points for the HR and the route. The Gamin's HR monitor sometimes records spikes from electrical interference and it also records a lot of 128 readings when the battery is getting weak, so I like to edit those to get a truer picture of my HR. I also edit the route to take out any bad points or to add a point when it cuts a corner to get a better representation of the distance traveled.

The Interval Data is set to record every mile on my 301 or whenever I hit the lap button. I usually click on the "edit" icon on the right side of the interval I want to edit and the fields turn into boxes that I can click in and edit the data. I can no longer click the "edit" icon. I get the pointer like I can click it, but it doesn't do anything.

I have also tried to input data into the last and unused interval data string and I can not click on the "save" icon. I see there is another thread about this in the Technical Support forum.

I am using Windows XP Pro Ver. 5.1.260 Service Pack 3 Build 2600. The IE is version 8.0.6001.18702IC Build 86001

MTA:

I also get a message at the bottom of my IE when I try to click on the "edit" icon that says "Error on page". If I try to add a new interval, I can add new data to the data fields, but the "save" icon is grayed out.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thanks for the additional info.  I am still unable to reproduce the problem.  However, since you mentioned that there was an error on the page, can you provide me with the error message?  If you click (or double click) on the error icon, it should bring up a dialog box.  There should be an advanced button on there.  See if you can copy the entire message here so I can take a look.
              Thanks for the additional info.  I am still unable to reproduce the problem.  However, since you mentioned that there was an error on the page, can you provide me with the error message?  If you click (or double click) on the error icon, it should bring up a dialog box.  There should be an advanced button on there.  See if you can copy the entire message here so I can take a look.

Copy error details:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; IEMB3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; IEMB3)
              Timestamp: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:36:30 UTC

Line: 313
              Char: 75
              Code: 0
              URI: http://www.runningahead.com/js/TrainingLog.js?v=B73

Does that work for you?

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I was able to reproduce the problem in Opera 10.6.  Hopefully it's the same problem in IE.

I have a nice collection of browsers now Big grin

I finally tracked down and fixed the problem in IE7.