article I wrote on treadmill training (Read 697 times)

thought everyone may be interested in this little article I wrote about treadmill training http://www.thecassidyfeed.com/treadmill.html I know treadmills get a bad rap, but I tend to think they're a great tool for training effectively in adverse conditions - even in good conditions, they can be great! anyway, have a read!

Giant Flaming Dork

Fantastic!!! That article was well written, thoughtful, and full of great information. Thanks for sharing!

http://xkcd.com/621/

Good article. You do a much better job of articulating why I train on a treadmill.

Res firma mitescere nescit
        Running in Tampa

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great article -- even though I don't even own a treadmill, I found it interesting reading.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it!
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

thought everyone may be interested in this little article I wrote about treadmill training http://www.thecassidyfeed.com/treadmill.html I know treadmills get a bad rap, but I tend to think they're a great tool for training effectively in adverse conditions - even in good conditions, they can be great! anyway, have a read!
              Link activated. Currently 23 months, treadmill free.
                I enjoyed reading your interesting article. I've always thought of treadmills as just a cold weather option. It's always good to see another perspective especially from somebody at your running level. Personally, I don't own a treadmill but, that has more to do with cost & getting that expense past my wife than anything else. Keep posting, that was good stuff.
                  Great article Justin! I think treadmills definately have their place, and I'm thankful to have mine when I need it. Nice to hear a thumbs up for the mill! Smile
                    Very good points that you made. I'm going to start varying my speed when I have to hit the treadmill and see how it works out. I really enjoyed reading your article.
                    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                      with a treadmill there is always a bathroom nearby! Wink
                        Thank you for the article. Does anyone have advice as far as the incline setting I should use. I am trying to build up to 30-40 mpw, stay there for a bit and then train for a spring marathon. Currently I set it at "1.0" for all my runs and leave it there.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Half Fanatic #846

Link activated. Currently 23 months, treadmill free.
                          Where do you get a free one? Mine has lasted a lot longer than that... Wink

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

with a treadmill there is always a bathroom nearby! Wink
                            Amen to that!

Ryan