You can't always get what you want... (Read 773 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And where the fluck is Green Day on the US list?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

OMG. I didn't realize I'm uncool. Cry I've wasted the last 28 years laboring under the delusion that I was cool.
      Fortunately, I never had to labor under the delusion that I was cool, seeing that I ran cross country and played trombone in the marching band. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And where the fluck is Green Day on the US list?!
        Beating the living crap out of fellow Bay-Area band Journey, no doubt.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lazy idiot

Don't feel bad, people, for your U2 love. They're a great band! I saw them live once. The good: It was at Ohio Stadium, so it was a nice healthy 60-70,000 of my closest friends enjoying the show. The bad: It was during their "Pop Mart" tour. That giant lemon was freaky. And dumb. But yeah, they rock. The U2 coffee table book is slowly being read night after night in my house.

Tick tock

Couldnt find the other, but heres on of Jimmy and me hanging out... (im on the left btw) Wink
            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
              Dont stand, Dont stand so close to me: door man giving me the eyes - he he
              Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                I'm a PJ guy myself, but I agree with you on Nirvana.
                *Raises hand for the PJ vote.* One of the better concerts I've been to was the Ramones "opening" for Pearl Jam.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, duh...the Police need to be on the Brit list TOO!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I went to U2's Pop Mart tour when they came through TX. What I found funny is they had Rage Against the Machine doing the intro.... Confused. There were more stoners then usual... which is my opinion is better than the bunch of trannys that were at the last Depeche Mode concert I went to. Eddie Vedder ran a marathon and may posting on RA under some psuedoname (Actually I don't know for sure... but I say he did!). My new Marathon goals. 1. Beat David Lee Roth's time of 6:04:43 2. Puff Daddy's 4:14 3. Will Ferrell's 4:02:22 4. And wouldn't it be special if I beat Dana Carvey's 3:04:41

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

People crack on Oprah, but I would be elated to beat her marathon time of under 4:30 for my first marathon. As a middle-aged, chubby woman I think she did very well. I'd be interested to see what kind of training she did. I'm guessing based upon the RA calculator, McMillan and what other RAers with similar running background to mine that I will be somewhere around 4:30-4:45.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I went to U2's Pop Mart tour when they came through TX. What I found funny is they had Rage Against the Machine doing the intro.... Confused.
                        When I saw U2 Pop Mart, Oasis opened for them. That was actually pretty good, made sense, and they were actually louder than U2.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh, duh...the Police need to be on the Brit list TOO!!! Big grin
                          Damn it, zoomie, you keep making me have to revise my list! Best UK / British Isles Bands IMHO: Beatles > Led Zep > U2 > Pink Floyd > Queen > Stones > Police > Who

Imminent Catastrophe

The Gert Jonnies >Led Zeppelin > Stones > Beatles

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Mishka-old log

I'm in the wrong era on this thread. The list of my favorite '90s acts: Tool > RHCP > Alice in Chains > Jane's Addiction = Pearl Jam > Nirvana > Green Day > getting punched in the face
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jane says...I'm done with Sergio! Perry Farrell can kick Eddie Vedder's ass!

~ Sarah Kay