Best Bib Number in a major race (Read 1379 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Sweet irony is the fact that that's the area code for the Bible belt of the Upper Midwest! Evil grin
    All of the zip codes in Topeka, KS start with 666. A bunch of geniuses went around spray painting "666 zip code town" on everything a few years back.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

Marathon Maniac #666 changed his name on our site to "Red". (no last name... like Madonna... just "Red")

spinach

Marathon Maniac #666 changed his name on our site to "Red". (no last name... like Madonna... just "Red")
        Hey, I changed my name over there to a one word name, are you going to compare me to Madonna also? I am not sure I want to be compared to Madonna. To this thread, the one bib I have framed in my office is my bib number 33 from San Francisco last year. The number 33 is a nice low one for a big marathon but the reason I have it framed is that it also says "ELITE" on it. When I was at the expo to get I saw a couple kids who were in some kid race there wearing their bibs at the expo the day before the race. When I saw my bib I was tempted to do the same thing. My first and maybe only chance to be an ELITE .
        xor

Hey, I changed my name over there to a one word name, are you going to compare me to Madonna also? I am not sure I want to be compared to Madonna.
          No, spinach, you will always be spinach. FWIW, I spent all of 2008 as one-word "McLovin" on our site.

Would you run a race with a number of 666 or 69? Not sure. I was hoping a friend of mine would get 666 because we call him the Beast and it would have been perfect. However, I don't think he would have worn it.
            You can't do much about the bib # if you want to run the race if all the numbers are assigned. Besides mostly adults ran the race. Anyway, the race was great and I felt really good afterwards. Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've had bib # -1. That is NEGATIVE 1. That race lets you keep and reuse your bib number from year to year. Of course, that was a rinky dink marathon.
              Can you hook me up with 666 if I.... never mind

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was about to come ask what the character limit is. Then I saw someone had pi. Cute. Does every one get to pick their own (assuming it hasn't been taken)?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you want to pick your own, you must amuse the RD. And he's an idiot.
                    I like Eric's number symbol space taker upper on his bib.
                      I would love to have 1729.
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you want to pick your own, you must amuse the RD. And he's an idiot.
                        So that's hopeless, b/c I'm sure the RD has no sense of humor whatsoever... I mean, who's ever met an RD with a sense of humor?

C-R

Does the RD give out imaginary numbers? Seems appropriate as it would be imaginary to train for such a race with and RD who has no sense of humor and can not be amused.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe that whole race is imaginary. I know I have been trying to imagine going to it myself.

C-R

Maybe that whole race is imaginary. I know I have been trying to imagine going to it myself.
                              I will imagine that I can train for it then. And perhaps we have the new anthem for the run thanks to John Lennon.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/