DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

Len

Damn Yankee

You're likely the only RA person running the 50k, you outta just take the pressure off and change to the 25.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Sweet. Depending on how my running goes over the next month - that number may change to 256. Wink
      You are disappointing me. Big grin

Vim

I would love to run this one but will be headed to Vermont the following weekend to perform a grand disatnce off road at Jay Mountain. I wanted to run this but think it better to wait for another day.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

You're likely the only RA person running the 50k, you outta just take the pressure off and change to the 25.
          Thanks, Len. If you can't reach the standard, just keep lowering it, right? Modal - Are you actually disappointed now - or will you be disappointed in July? I also noticed from looking at the registered people list that there are several people in my town. I wonder why I never see them running?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Modal - Are you actually disappointed now - or will you be disappointed in July?
            I will be disappointed once I hear that you've lowered your standard. Big grin Perhaps this lowering will occur as you start your 6th lap! Also, if you get injured and decide to help out at the aid stations I'm staying home Dead joking aside... best on everyone's training...

Vim

I will be disappointed once I hear that you've lowered your standard. Big grin Perhaps this lowering will occur as you start your 6th lap! Also, if you get injured and decide to help out at the aid stations I'm staying home Dead joking aside... best on everyone's training...
              The mojo is starting to return. The doubt is still there - but it is lessening. We shall see. I promise not to work the aid station no matter what happens. So any vomiting or bloody nipples will be each runner's own responsibility. Cool

I would love to run this one but will be headed to Vermont the following weekend to perform a grand disatnce off road at Jay Mountain. I wanted to run this but think it better to wait for another day.
                Too bad. So are you running the Vermont 100? Best of luck there! Your profile says you are a misplaced Texan - but your profile pic looks like it's from White Rock Lake. What's the story?

Len

Damn Yankee

Are any of you FW people familiar with the Days Inn on S. University near the park? It looks ok from what I can tell, and from what I remember that it's really not a bad neighborhood..

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Are any of you FW people familiar with the Days Inn on S. University near the park? It looks ok from what I can tell, and from what I remember that it's really not a bad neighborhood..
                    I don't know anything about the hotel, but that seems like a nice area with restaurants and shopping for Mrs. Len.

Do you really need a room? Big grin The hotel you mentioned is extremely close to Trinity Park. In fact, you could walk on the paved trail to the park. Not sure if any yahoos stay under the I30 bridge there.

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Driving in from 3-3.5 hours away kinda requires a room. Get there around check in time, take a nap, run 25k, drink beer, back to room for quick nap, and then take my lovely bride wherever she wants to go to shop or whatever.

Len

Damn Yankee

Did everybody get their email? How's training going?

Did everybody get their email? How's training going?
                            Yep. Training is going fair to middling at the moment. Maybe I should call it "training". I did notice that Coach Jim's email has a special link for people who want to move from the 50K to the 25K. For modal's benefit, I have not clicked it yet. How is your training going?

Len

Damn Yankee

My mileage has been better than it has been since HS. My goal race for the summer is next Friday, and should also benefit El Scorcho. I'd like to run sub 2 for the 25k, but I don't know if I'll pull it off. I think I'll be close but this race is so unique it's tough to predict what might happen. MTA- There's also a link for headlamps. Are they really necessary? I hate those things but not as much as I hate twisted ankles and stuff. Anyway, I found both of the models offered alot cheaper elsewhere.

Sounds good, Len. Good luck with your race next week! Last year there were lighting problems that should be corrected this year. Even with some patches of totally dark trail, the moon and other runners lights were more than enough to see. I've spoken with to the RD a couple times when I see him at races and he has assured me that the lighting should not be a problem this year. I have two or three headlamps that I will bring. You are more than welcome to borrow one if you feel you need one once we get there. Wear a brimmed hat if you want dibs on the really lightweight one.