DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

I will be there with a friend, but sadly not running. I guess its the aid station for me.
    DAMN!! Another reason it sucks that I can't go Sad( And to think dh almost cancled my Lone Ranger run. I had to remind him that it was supposed to help me with the dissappointment of not being able to go do El Scorcho!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Len

Damn Yankee

I forgot to ask a crucial question- are adult beverages permitted?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I forgot to ask a crucial question- are adult beverages permitted?
        I saw some last year. No idea if they were permitted or not. I would email Coach Jim if you wanted a ruling.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

Nah, I'm a big fan of the "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" philosophy.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

"better to ask for forgiveness than permission"
            Big grin I just saw people drinking Tecate last year. Maybe it's the official beer of El Scorcho.

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

I can deal with Tecate.

I got a 25K bib number of #237. I'll probably be wearing New Balance 787, a red shirt, and black Nike shorts. I'm going to try to stick with a 10 min/mile pace or slightly faster depending on how I feel. I don't have a jacked knee this year so unless someone touches my hydration supply I should be good. Bonkin, are you still doing 50K? Cool Looking forward to see you other RA'ers out there. Big grin

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

We've got a crazy weekend starting tonight, so we've decided that we are going to hit the road Saturday evening and drive to the race. When I'm done, I plan to relax for a little while and we're going to drive back at dark thirty. I emailed Coach Jim to ensure that they bring my packet to the race after I received the update email last night. So anyway, don't know about bib # but I'll be there looking for RA people. MTA- how's the shirt?

MTA- how's the shirt?
                    Everyone will be a stand out with this year's fluorescent green tech singlet. (I don't have the arms for it. Cry) I believe 50k'ers get a two-tone tech shirt (white/yellow) as I saw some other shirts at the FWRUNCO store. You need me to supply some Tecate? Big grin

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

Wow, fluorescent green. Nice touch. I'm not sure how much drinking I'll do now that I have a 3.5 hour return drive to face, but I'll probably manage to get a couple of them down. MTA- I'm mailing in my Tour des Fleurs entry tomorrow (20k)

xor

I live in neither DFW nor Texas, but I will be at El Scorcho. Woo hoo arriba. (I did go to high school in Irving long ago, though)

Len

Damn Yankee

I live in neither DFW nor Texas, but I will be at El Scorcho. Woo hoo arriba. (I did go to high school in Irving long ago, though)
                          All the way from Seattle? Wow.

xor

All the way from Seattle? Wow.
                            I have to represent Maniac Central. (actually, my parents still live in the area... Coppell... I come to lots of DFW races)

I have to represent Maniac Central. (actually, my parents still live in the area... Coppell... I come to lots of DFW races)
                              You run a lot of (long) races! (Double Marathon! what the!?!?! DUDE!) Will you be sporting a hot pink singlet?

Vim

xor

Doubles (2 marathons/ultras in 2 days) are fun. As are triples (3 in 3) and the occasional quadzilla (4 in 4). I dunno if I'll be in pink. It might help me glow in the dark, though. If I'm not in pink, I'll be in my team's yellow. (see the pink in action in the middle of the sportscast here: http://www.abcmontana.com/sports/local/25205604.html?video=YHI&t=a)