DFW/Texas Runners - El Scorcho Dos - Who's in? (Read 1612 times)

srlopez, you are on a whole different level! Thanks for sharing the video. Here's the shirt.

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

That's not quite as bad as I imagined upon hearing fluorescent green.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!! I wish I could have managed to get there this year. There is ALWAYS NEXT Year!!! I'll be thinking of you all when I'm running my "50" in mid to high 90's tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Anyone going to the pre-race party at Fuzzy's tonight? My husband, Ken, and I will be heading over to FWRC late this afternoon to pick up our race packets, and then head over there.
          I'm going to try to stick with a 10 min/mile pace or slightly faster depending on how I feel.
          Modal, it sounds like you'll be about the same pace that Ken's looking to do. I'll be bringing up the rear at a couple minutes a mile slower, I think, which means you guys will probably lap me not too long before you finish and I have over a lap still to go! Undecided I'm just glad that there's a 50k going too, so that I won't be the very last person left on the course. Lorrie
            Anyone going to the pre-race party at Fuzzy's tonight?
            I should be over there in NE Fort Worth at Fuzzy's. (Gonna scrounge me up some freebies Big grin ) I'll have on square framed glasses, a dark blue short sleeved shirt with light blue horizontal stripes, blue jeans and, black leather shoes unless I change.
            I'll be thinking of you all when I'm running my "50" in mid to high 90's tomorrow!
            Angry maybe a cold front will move in tomorrow Big grin El Frio modal => White/Male/6'1/190lbs/Brown hair/Green eyes

Vim

I should be over there in NE Fort Worth at Fuzzy's. (Gonna scrounge me up some freebies Big grin ) I'll have on square framed glasses, a dark blue short sleeved shirt with light blue horizontal stripes, blue jeans and, black leather shoes unless I change.
              Modal, we'll look for you there! I'll have on a brown and turquoise mottled striped short sleeved shirt, light tan capris and brown sandals. There's a pic of Ken and I in my profile, so you'll know what we look like (except my hair is chin length now...and maybe a little lighter, too). Lorrie
                Alright, I'll see you all over there.

Vim

I just found this site looking up some information on El Scorcho. This will be my 1st 50k, so it should be intersting. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and gals.
                  Len

Damn Yankee

I'm currently carb loading. 3 beers into it. Road trip starts at around 6 pm. Be wearing my red Flying Monkey shirt before the race, blue singlet during.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I'm currently carb loading. 3 beers into it. Road trip starts at around 6 pm. Be wearing my red Flying Monkey shirt before the race, blue singlet during.
                      From the Meeting... -400 runners entered -Should be lighting over most of the course this time -Supposely there will be ramps on the curbs -No parking in the park. Farrington Field is where all parking is. -You can drive into the park on the Northside to drop stuff off. -Event opens at 10pm -At Midnight 50K starts -At 12:10 am 25K starts -2 aid stations spaced evenly apart

Vim

Thanks for the information from the meeting, as I was not able to make it. Hope to see some of ya'll at the race. I'm bib #139 and will be wearing red shirt and black shorts and black visor. Hoping to finish in 5:30, but have never run a long race in the summer. Good luck to everyone!!
                          Good Luck El Scorcho runners! Looking forward to the reports Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

Good Luck El Scorcho runners! Looking forward to the reports Smile
                            Short Version: I event PR'ed going from 2:55 doing to 2:35. I didn't have stomach issues as bad, but overall I'm still feeling somewhat bad.

Vim

OK, I set a PR in the 50k. It was my first 50k, and now need to decide if I ever want to do that again!! I finished in 6:49:18, as they were tearing everything down The support at the start/ finish line helped me get out and do another lap every time I felt like quitting.
                                I finished the 25k in PR time, but only because this was my first one. I spent way more time than I'd ever care to do again in the port-a-potties due to stomach issues that started around the middle of the second loop, and ended up averaging 3 min/mile slower than I'd planned, finishing in around 3:52. Dead I should have just spent my money hiring someone to beat me up instead, as it would have been much quicker and probably a lot less painful! Black eye Of course, I wouldn't have gotten a shirt for that, right? Did any of you guys ever find each other at the race? Sorry, I didn't ever see any of you while I was hanging around before or after. Lorrie