Thunderstorms...in Jan...in MI! (Read 611 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And now the sun is trying to peek through...welcome to MI. Confused Black eye Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah what's up with that! Hello to all you fellow michiganders. I'm from up north and the snow is almost gone. Crazy weather, but I wont complain, running on the second, and less so the third was nasty! Enjoy it while it lasts.
      mdmccat
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Enjoy it while it lasts.
        I swear...this should be MI's state motto! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Hello to all you fellow michiganders. I'm from up north and the snow is almost gone.
          Hi mdmccat! We have a group for Michiganders if you ever want to come visit! Check out my signature line. Kirsten, wanna come babysit for me? It stopped right as I needed to get DS off the bus. Roll eyes I'll bet the trail's clear today though!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, seeing as how I've got the MI folks' attention...come check out the new Michiganders user group. One of my favorite things about the new CR folks joining us is all the runners from MI that have shown up. It's so awesome to find so many runners right under my nose. I look forward to new running and racing buddies! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi mdmccat! We have a group for Michiganders if you ever want to come visit! Check out my signature line. Kirsten, wanna come babysit for me? It stopped right as I needed to get DS off the bus. Roll eyes I'll bet the trail's clear today though!!
              Ha, cross post! Ooh, I'd come babysit, but I have a brand new pair of shoes that JUST came to the door and I'm also hoping ot hit the trail. That wind stinks, though. Seems we can't have it all...we can have still air, but pouring rain and lightning--OR we can have wind, but no rain. Ah, well...at least it's not cold, now. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Ooh, I'd come babysit, but I have a brand new pair of shoes that JUST came to the door and I'm also hoping ot hit the trail.
                Just kidding, silly! I might have to duct tape a flashlight to my head and go tonight. Good luck with the shoes. Neutral, right?
                  Thanks for the invite... just did. I'm new to RA, former CR. I've just started posting (on my log) again since October and was sick to find out about the CR site. Nice to see new faces (and many familiar). Thanks for the hospitality. mm
                  mdmccat
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just kidding, silly! I might have to duct tape a flashlight to my head and go tonight. Good luck with the shoes. Neutral, right?
                    Yep...I figured for $70 it was worth trying a neutral shoe. If they don't work I can always wear them for kickin-around. And if I find a job at some place that doesn't require dressy footwear I'd have the 755s and 767s to wear for work. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've just started posting (on my log) again since October and was sick to find out about the CR site. Nice to see new faces (and many familiar). Thanks for the hospitality. mm
                      I really feel for you CR folks. At first it was overwhelming to have so many new members, but I'd be a mess if anything happened to RA. I can only imagine how stressful and upsetting the demise of CR was. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm from Ohio. It's very warm here today also. We're suppose to be going up to Shanty Creek in Michigan to ski in about 2 weeks. I sure hope this warm weather doesn't wash all the snow off the hill!
                        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm from Ohio. It's very warm here today also. We're suppose to be going up to Shanty Creek in Michigan to ski in about 2 weeks. I sure hope this warm weather doesn't wash all the snow off the hill!
                          Oh, but then we could easily have a few feet of snow and some <0 temps! :d man, skiing...so jealous. i love downhill, but haven't gone in years...since pre-kid, so it's been at least 8 years. :) temps!="" :d="" man,="" skiing...so="" jealous.="" i="" love="" downhill,="" but="" haven't="" gone="" in="" years...since="" pre-kid,="" so="" it's="" been="" at="" least="" 8="" years.=""></0 temps! :d man, skiing...so jealous. i love downhill, but haven't gone in years...since pre-kid, so it's been at least 8 years. :)>

~ Sarah Kay

Would rather not have the <0 temps either :p but you're right it's just like it is here, if you don't like the weather just wait a day it'll change. temps="" either="" :p="" but="" you're="" right="" it's="" just="" like="" it="" is="" here,="" if="" you="" don't="" like="" the="" weather="" just="" wait="" a="" day="" it'll="" change.=""></0 temps either :p but you're right it's just like it is here, if you don't like the weather just wait a day it'll change. >
                            Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                              scuba, I guarantee plenty of snow at Shanty by then. They are really good at making it and it sounds like all is back to normal this weekend. Hope you have a good time!
                              mdmccat

Another Passion

It's so awesome to find so many runners right under my nose. Smile k
                                Awesome and... kinda stinky I would guess, especially post-run. Tongue Modified to add: Welcome Michael, nice to smell you here... errr... have you here. Big grin

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com