What shoe do you miss that just isn't the same in the current version? (Read 1105 times)

Bugs

I miss the Asics DS Trainer (2006 version). Todays' version is 1/2 higher in the heel and much stiffer.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NB 902. The 903 uses the EXACT same sole/midsole, but the upper got all jacked-up. I went down a half-size and they still felt sloppy on my foot. My 902s are like garish blue gloves...fit like they were custom made for my feet. Which is why I am currently on pairs 3 (nearing retirement),4,5 and have #6 still in the box. I am really nervous about the 904 coming out, since they changed everything...and I don't think there are any 8Ds left in the 902. But if the 904 is good I will be very happy, since they are also coming out with a trail version. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

1988 Nike Air Pegasus.
        kcam

I miss the Asics DS Trainer (2006 version). Todays' version is 1/2 higher in the heel and much stiffer.
          I am also a fan of the DS Trainers, though I like this years as much as any others. Is this the version you miss or is it earlier? http://www.telarun.com/asics/Gel_DS_Trainer_12_atn711-761.html
            I have two more pairs in storage but am so choked that the Muzino Wave Rider will no longer be made in wide for women. Where or where are my poor bunions going to hang out?
            Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
            pitrunner

Asics 2110's - best shoe ever. Cry The 2130's are crap.
                Every single shoe that I have ever found that i have really liked....... Sad Sad it doesn seem to matter cause every time I find a shoe that I like, it is soon changed and I don't seem to ever like the updates.....Im constantly looking for running shoes.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Asics 2110's - best shoe ever. Cry The 2130's are crap.
                  Yep. MTA: Has anyone tried the 2140's yet?
                  pitrunner

Yep. MTA: Has anyone tried the 2140's yet?
                    Not yet...I'm askeered. And bitter.
                    Hannibal Granite

The very first Nike Zoom Elite. It was a great lightweight stability shoe that had enough to it to use as an everyday shoe as well. Every version since then has gotten bulkiereven though they are still classifying it as a lightweight trainer it really isn't.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Menace to Sobriety

Brooks Adrenaline 7s, the 8s seem stiffer.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

mikeymike

The 1987 Tiger Gel Lytes were pretty nice.

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Every shoe I have ever worn they changed just enough on the next revision to make it not comfortable or not work with my feet. I really liked my Saucony Trigon Omni 6s though. The 7s just feel weird.
                              Brooks Adrenaline 7s, the 8s seem stiffer.
                              +1

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Not yet...I'm askeered. And bitter.
                                I don't blame you. I ended up with some free Pearl Izumis that I love! I just bought another pair of them to rotate. I tried wearing the 2130s as everyday sneakers and was still uncomfortable in them. Weird.