Get off my lawn! (Read 1047 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But this teen costume is on clearance....

Kinda funny, her going as jailbait

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I went out in this one, without the mask. I remember my mom adding a fistful of VO5 to give me that Superman unicurl. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

What Trent should have gone with while kiddo was small enough...

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

A Saucy Wench

What Trent should have gone with while kiddo was small enough...

But that's not Kosher. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Then don't eat it.

Duh.

And...

Slice

Trent - I get your point. I just bought a costume for my kid and looked for a costume for myself. I was appalled at the selection for teenage and preteen girls. My daughter will hate me once she gets old enough to fit in those costumes. And I refuse to let her wear one. DH was also appalled at the plus size selection. They were about the same size as the teenage ones. Halloween=Excuse to dress slutty. Shocked

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Why is it sideways?

I just want to know what the heck is a "preteen"?

What exactly are those costumes supposed to be? 

Seriously, my wife and I were joking about this last Halloween.  ALL the teenage girls in our development were wearing some sort of costume that had to be listed in the catalog as "Slutty ____": Slutty Princess, Slutty Prom Queen, Slutty Tinkerbell, and slutty girl in our neighborhood (that one wasn't even in costume, she's just trampy).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I just want to know what the heck is a "preteen"?

Me in my VO5.  Apparently, I am "slutty."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

Apparently, I am "slutty."

Awkward.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

Seriously, my wife and I were joking about this last Halloween.  ALL the teenage girls in our development were wearing some sort of costume that had to be listed in the catalog as "Slutty ____": Slutty Princess, Slutty Prom Queen, Slutty Tinkerbell, and slutty girl in our neighborhood (that one wasn't even in costume, she's just trampy).

You aren't that far off.  Google teen halloween costume.  "Sexy snow white" was one of the first ones I found.

Maybe by the time my kids are teens the pendulum will have swung and they'll all be dressing as nuns or something.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last year we saw Little Ho Peep-Show.  She was in her 40s and at least 20#s too heavy for the outfit.  Not sexy in any way, shape, or form.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe by the time my kids are teens the pendulum will have swung and they'll all be dressing as nuns or something.

northernman

Fight The Future

Evidently you missed this story from Wait Wait, (brought to you by the letter "X")

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/10/sesame_street_2.php

Hey Trent:

"All I can say, is that my life is pretty plain...I like watchin' the puddles gather rain..."