When the big dogs come out to play... (Read 384 times)

PDoe

Well that's plenty close enough to join the Greater Derry Track Club. Concord is home to Granite State Racing Team if that is more convenient.

gdtc.org

nhgp.org

GDTC has a coached track workout Wednesday nights from April through October at Pinkerton's track. Sunday's we meet for a long run (10+ miles) and finish at a coffee shop. All abilities. Feel free to PM me if you want some more details.

BTW, at last Wednesday's track workout, I estimated we had 4 of the top 10 Senior runners in the state in the same workout.

BeeRunB

The only time I won my age group, I beat 4 other runners in a 10k ( i also would have won the younger age-group). A few weeks later, in a much larger race, I placed 9th out of aprox. 30 in my age group. The top 3 or 4 beat me by a substantial amount of time. Though a win is a win, and I'll be buried with that 1st place medal (if somehow I become a celebrity against my will, it'll be in the JimmyB museum, which will be located in Central Falls, RI), I know that the latter race is the more real assessment of where I stood at the time.

I'm no major leaguer, and will never be invited to The Show, but I'll take what I can get here in the Grapefruit league. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I'm no major leaguer, and will never be invited to The Show, but I'll take what I can get here in the Grapefruit league. 

DITTO

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Just think about things this way, you'll "win" because you'll be a hell of a lot faster than those on the sidelines, and doubly so those with their butts still siting on the sofa.

I'm a very slow, middle-aged woman, but I'm a winner because my health is now EXCELLENT.  I got a glowing report at my annual physical last week.  I try to be very respectful of the faster runners and stay way to the right.  I also start out at the very back of every race.

MrH

At a local 5k this morning 15:36 didn't even place in the first three in an age group.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Latent Runner

At a local 5k this morning 15:36 didn't even place in the first three in an age group.

Geez that's fast.  The local 5K I ran yesterday had a downhill final mile where the winner laid down a 4:54 final mile and still he only managed a 16:03 for the full race.  Of course the high heat, really high humidity and the hills in the first two miles probably had something to do with the relatively slow final time.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
              • 2-mile: 13:49
              • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
              • 5-Mile: 37:24
              • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
              • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
              • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
              MrH

Geez that's fast.  

15:36 was actually the 6th fastest time in the 25-29 age group but two of the first three were in that age group also. 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

kcam

Not that this race was super-fast or anything but a family that belongs to my running club cleaned up at one of our local 5K races this morning .... Son#1, 17 years old won the overall race in 15:17, Son #2, 13 years old won his AG in 19:05 and proud Dad, 44 years old won his AG in 16:42.  Good running genes right there.

local 5k yesterday  finished 17/50 in 50-59 AG     time would have been good for  3/13  50-59 AG (I'm 58)     15/65  40-49 AG      8/25 30-39 AG             92/584 OA     Thought the AG placings was very interesting.     winner in 50-59 was low 16 minutes