The Muscle Factor Model (Read 3142 times)

#artbydmcbride

Oh look, blue skies is adora now....and has a fabulous log. Smile

Runners run

Oh look, blue skies is adora now....and has a fabulous log. Smile
      Yes like my other fabulous log. Thank you for noticing Ilene.
      And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

#artbydmcbride

You're welcome, adora

Runners run

It's the same user id so my nick is updated everywhere. I thought it was old news. I made a thread for us "Ileneforward". I just capitalized the "A" in the adora. Big grin Wink Tongue
          And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And the messenger is often summarily tried and shot.
            Awwww, he's gonna put his head in the oven because he's not feeling appreciated enough ... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Does this mean Ilene is going to get shot? I love Ilene.

xor

Not my intent, but it always works out that way.
                Just another in a long list of exhibits showing that Richard likes to be the victim. Oh woe is you, Rich, woe is you.
                I just present the data. The facts. The new research.
                This is an outright LIE. You present small-view data that you cull from big-view stuff, picking the bits and pieces that fit your theme. And you never ever EVER "just present the data". You always color it with your opinion. There is nothing wrong with coloring stuff you present with your opinion. But it is massively goofy to hide behind the whole Dragnet "just the facts, ma'am" argument. Woe is you.
                But, new information, facts, and research always meet opposition.
                Nope, not always. A lot of it is in your presentation thereof. And your long history.
                And the messenger is often summarily tried and shot.
                Woe is you, Rich, woe is you.

Rich_

Just another in a long list of exhibits showing that Richard likes to be the victim. Oh woe is you, Rich, woe is you.
                  It's not a matter of "woe is me". It's a matter of pointing out that a favorite tactic of some is to attempt to change the conversation away from the physiology and/or training topic and turn it into a conversation about me.
                  Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...a conversation about me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

oops! Sorry, twasn't you at all:
                      I just saw your post now. I stopped posting but Trent kept stirring it back up and now Jeffgoblue. I came here to ask about my knee. Now I shouldn't defend myself? If you start from the beginning it's Anda and Jeff who pulled me into this thread. I moved this to "Ileneforward" so Richard can have topic.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I stopped posting but Trent kept stirring it back up
                          I don't blame Trent.
                          See, that was your first mistake.
                          and then I misread some posts
                          "Excuse me, stewardess? I speak jive."
                          Jeff I'm not fluent in Monkey. I thought this is about running.
                          It's never about running.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If believing Trent is my first mistake. What's the second, standing up to him? Nice lesson.
                            Wink

Over the past few years it has been my observation that quite often there is a disconnect between training and physiology. Specifically, it is not at all unusual for a coach, athlete, writer, whomever, to offer a physiological explanation for a particular training method only to find out later on that the physiological explanation is inaccurate or incorrect. For example, look at the concept of "lactate threshold" and "lactate threshold training". Runners routinely train at "lactate threshold" pace with tempo runs. Training at that level of intensity is known to improve performance. The physiological explanation for why tempo runs work is that training at or near lactate threshold improves the body's ability to clear fatigue causing lactate from the muscles. [...]
                              Interesting points Rich_ In terms of evolutionary parameters we are much closer to the hunter-gatherer human than the relatively new agricultural human. There is a great ignorance and consequent disrespect shown for nature that is very disturbing. It seems that there should be a way to have the best of both worlds of technology and nature? Why not tear down the fences and allow for free range wildlife to exist in the heartlands of many continents? Transform the economy from an agricultural based one back to a type of hunter gatherer economy. I wonder how such a thing can be accomplished? It is a difficult problem to overcome but we should be able to continue the advances in science, technology, and education without displacing nature in the process. Obviously the daily grind of modern training is driven by the fast paced agriculturally/oil based materialistic society we live in today. To provide something new and meaningful to the already vast and extensive training knowledge would necessitate true vision and sound reasoning with a bit of luck, yes. Nothing succeeds like success and that will be the requisite necessitation for our consequent emancipation of the mind. Listening to your own body signals is extremely important in any given training regimen. Adjustments are made on the fly as needed. To take an average slob like myself and transform him into a championship athlete would be the true test of any theoretical basis for sports performance. So I consider my experimentally testable hypothesis to be similar to yours but also very different. Time will tell. Good luck with your training and may the best athlete win Big grin