Su) 9.25

Total: 57.5 (& "13" on the Go)

LR today: 14.5

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

http://bfy.tw/IL1D

(Can't. Help. Myself.)

McBen ~ Great pics! No sunglasses? Ugh.

dad- hahaha I was going to post a LMGTFY but I know I've been stirring up brew's nerves recently so I didn't want to be a jerk :P

it's ~so~ hot here, guys. SF melts in 75 degrees.

ran 10mi including up a rather large hill (1100ft) - longest run in awhile and feeling good.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

OMR

FB:  Impressive...but I'm not all that surprised.

R2R2R-ers:  Also impressive.

rlk:  I may have had to google LMGTFY.  Yay for feeling good.

21.9M for me this week, in four runs alternating 2min running, 1min walking.

fb-guy

rlk:  I may have had to google LMGTFY.  Yay for feeling good.

21.9M for me this week, in four runs alternating 2min running, 1min walking.

OMR -- god we're old. I had to. Congratulations on 20+; hope you're feeling good.

rlk -- glad you're feeling good too. Hot in SFO?

Dad -- hill sprints, strides, fartleks all in one week. Very impressive. Do you like the Eliptigo?

McDave (thanks Ilana) -- loved the photos and the dirty feet/legs.

Rovatti -- Impala stew; I didn't know you could eat a car.

PJ, DW, Brew, Matt -- hey all!

2@9:55 yesterday. There is a spot 2/3s of the way back on both feet — behind the big blisters under the balls of my feet and in front of the huge blisters on my heels — where it doesn’t hurt too much if I land just right. I think DOMS will really settle in today.

It's hot here; stuck in the high 80s, which is too hot for May. Walking the dog in the early evening to avoid the heat.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

pepperjack

pie man

You guys really missed a chance to ask Jeeves about LMGTFY. I, personally, always search with excite...

Hockey is back to being dumb.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

fb-guy

You guys really missed a chance to ask Jeeves about LMGTFY. I, personally, always search with excite...

AltaVista on my Mac Performa all the way baby.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Running Problem

Problem Child

dad- hahaha I was going to post a LMGTFY but I know I've been stirring up brew's nerves recently so I didn't want to be a jerk :P

it's ~so~ hot here, guys. SF melts in 75 degrees.

ran 10mi including up a rather large hill (1100ft) - longest run in awhile and feeling good.

naa...not even close. I just didn't know the name and figured a millennial could help another millennial out and provide the easy link.

dad I laughed. I love using their website.

r2r2r2r2r2r2r2r I hope you got plenty of hot sauce to send home. The photos are awesome (from what I've seen). I'd have died for sure.I had no idea how much elevation was in that run.

pj ask Jeeves....wow. Fire up the "way back machine" and lets go. lol!

keen I'm entering all my workouts into Garmin. The annoying thing is creating so many different workouts because they're 1 mile longer or 1 minute different than one I just created AND I have to change paces a couple times. I seriously wish I could create a workout for a day, use the same workout as a base on a different day with the ability to modify it, and continue. I'll have so many workouts at the end of this calendar I won't know what to do with myself.

Apparently it is 19 weeks until Chicago and 18 weeks starts Sunday...so I can do the workout from hell (1E + 6T + 1E + 6T + 1E) again after running a 50k (stage race) starting Friday. I was so fired up for training too. I'm not sure if I should reschedule every workout or just finish training a week early. It would make the 17 miler on July 1 much nicer because DW and NeRP have plans to drag me through the hills around here with friends at "ultra marathon" pace during the afternoon that day.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

naa...not even close. I just didn't know the name and figured a millennial could help another millennial out and provide the easy link.

r2r2r2r2r2r2r2r I hope you got plenty of hot sauce to send home. The photos are awesome (from what I've seen). I'd have died for sure.I had no idea how much elevation was in that run.

I like to do that at work. "Can you send me the link to X?" [implied: I didn't feel like searching for it myself, even though that's exactly what you will do to send it to me."

Lolol: "I had no idea how much elevation was in that run"

FB- yes, hot! i ran around 9am but was actually salty for once. spent much of the last two days lounging on grass in the park down the street from us. I bet lots of people were at Ocean Beach (and not bundled up in puffy jackets)

*something about Bing*

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

FB - Congrats!

DWave - No issues here. Nice week again!

Brew - Bummer about the workout result. Like I said on Strava I wouldn't worry about it. There are lots of contributing factors and Chicago is still a LONG way off.
                    Yeah, creating all of those workouts is an absolute pain, but once you have them you have them and there's no reason to change paces or anything unless your VDOT changes first.

RLK - I saw the e-gain on Strava. Nice! It must be nice for 75* to be "melting" hot. That has been a daily low temp frequently for the past few weeks.

Congrats to the R2R2R-ers! Looking forward to a recap. That adventure is certainly on my bucket list.

No running for me for the past 4 days. Bad Keen! That certainly ends tomorrow, assuming I don't end up getting 3-4 in today during lunch. I'm now reconsidering the mile race this weekend simply because both the elite race (7:30 PM Friday) and the mortal race (11:15 am Saturday) have legitimate chances of being at, near, or possibly above 100*. No thanks!!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

?

Do you like the Eliptigo?

I absolutely love my ElliptiGo! It's fun, a great workout, and, while I can feel exhausted, I never feel beat up, so recovery is much faster.

If I trained smarter, I'd run less and use the Go more.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew - Bummer about the workout result. Like I said on Strava I wouldn't worry about it. There are lots of contributing factors and Chicago is still a LONG way off.

Yeah, creating all of those workouts is an absolute pain, but once you have them you have them and there's no reason to change paces or anything unless your VDOT changes first.

No running for me for the past 4 days. Bad Keen! That certainly ends tomorrow, assuming I don't end up getting 3-4 in today during lunch. I'm now reconsidering the mile race this weekend simply because both the elite race (7:30 PM Friday) and the mortal race (11:15 am Saturday) have legitimate chances of being at, near, or possibly above 100*. No thanks!!

Speaking of VDOT...I just looked up my VDOT from my current Marathon PR (3:13:20) and it's a 49.2. Using my 10K I'm a 48.8. On paper it seems like I haven't lost much. This is a little bit of confidence. Also, using the same spreadsheet it's telling me I'd be under 3:07 at my current weight (165 lbs) for that race. It's just an entirely difference race, at an entirely different time of year, in an entirely different part of the country. Totally comparable.

100F for a mile...yeah no. I'd rather do 20 miles at 6:00am than 1 mile at 100F. I LOOOOOOAAAAAAATTTTHHHHHEEEE the heat.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

runethechamp

Hi guys, sorry for the absence the last few weeks. Been travelling to Panama and Norway and tried (only partly successfully) to keep up on my running. It's too hard to catch up and comment on everything here, so sorry to those I've missed below.

Huge congrats to fb and mcben on your long races!

RLK - Nice work at btb! I have a preference for the Tilden Tough Ten that weekend, although last year it sucked as I ran it a day after flying back from Norway and this year I actually was in Norway that day.

Darkwave - I've seen weird stuff like that on the forum as well, but I'm not sure if it's always been related to people editing their posts. I think I've decided to ignore it when it happens 

Brew - Sounded pretty tough on your workout the other day, but I wouldn't sweat one bad workout. Sometimes you just have a bad day like that for no obvious reasons. I had a planned session of 11 miles at m-pace about two and a half weeks before my marathon in March, and I cut it short after 10 miles of struggling with the pace. Nothing felt right and I started getting nervous for the race. Tried the pace again the next week and felt a million times better.

For those who watched the Prefontaine Classic on Saturday I have to say the Norwegian phenom Jakob Ingebrigtsen is pretty amazing. 3:52 on the mile in early season as a 17-year old is ridiculous! It will be really interesting to see what he can do later this year. I read that he was originally supposed to run the "B-heat" International mile in Eugene but then Nike (one of his sponsors) wanted him to run with the big boys in the Bowerman mile. I'm impressed by how he handled that and worked himself up from last in the field at 800m up to a 4th place at the end.

I managed to do most my running while in Panama but my consistency took a short hit when I went to Norway 2 weeks ago. Caught a bad cold that prevented me from running for a couple of days (which of course were scheduled as two running days), so I only ran two hilly 10-milers for the week for a total of 20 miles. Got back on track last week though and got up to my planned 45 miles. Whether it's all the travelling or after effects of the cold I had (that really only let go late last week), or something else, my last runs have really felt like a struggle. Heavy legs, no energy, and just a general blah feeling. Luckily I have no hard workouts coming up but I will have to keep an eye on this throughout the week to see how it progresses. Training logs for the last three weeks below.

Weekly Summary
                          Monday, May 07, 2018 thru Sunday, May 13, 2018

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                          Day Miles Pace Duration Description HR Egain Link
                          Tue 5.5 8:58 0:49 Unofficial world championship in sweating 139 (72%) 385 strava
                          Wed 6.6 8:49 0:58 Panama waterfront again 149 (78%) 309 strava
                          Thu 7.0 9:36 1:07 Thunderstorm Reps ⛈ 143 (74%) 350 strava
                          Fri 6.9 9:01 1:02 Hot and muggy - Part 4 146 (76%) 304 strava
                          Sun 14.1 8:50 2:04 Normal temperatures ftw! 137 (71%) 430 strava
                            40.1 9:02 6:02     1778  

Weekly Summary
                          Monday, May 14, 2018 thru Sunday, May 20, 2018

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Thu 10.5 9:04 1:35 17. mai klassiker 151 (79%) 1285 strava
                          Sun 9.7 9:01 1:27 Byasenderen 146 (76%) 1355 strava
                            20.2 9:03 3:02     2640  

Weekly Summary
                          Monday, May 21, 2018 thru Sunday, May 27, 2018

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Mon 9.1 8:41 1:18 Afternoon Run 139 (72%) 751 strava
                          Wed 3.0 9:51 0:29 Evening Run 120 (63%) 127 strava
                          Thu 6.5 9:17 1:00 Lunch Reps 142 (74%) 105 strava
                          Fri 7.5 8:33 1:04 Afternoon Run 141 (73%) 134 strava
                          Sat 10.2 9:21 1:35 Afternoon Run 136 (71%) 398 strava
                          Sun 9.6 9:15 1:28 Evening Run 139 (72%) 676 strava
                            45.9 9:06 6:57     2191  

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

oregonrw

Hey all -- I am really interested to read any reports on R2R2R. It's fascinating to me, though I doubt I'd ever do it. Congrats to those who did!

Also congrats to FB -- that's really impressive.

Darkwave: Nice week!

Dad: You also!  When is your next race?

OMR: It looks like your recovery is progressing well.  Nice work on 20+ miles.

rlk and Dad:  Thanks for introducing me to LMGTFY.  I love it.

I had a pretty awful run on Saturday and decided to bail on the half this weekend.  I switched to the 5k, which will also be painful but at least will be painful for a shorter period of time. I don't know what's going on, but I just haven't felt great running for the last few weeks. Everything has been a struggle. So I'll run the 5k, then just do some easy running for awhile and build mileage to hopefully go into a better marathon training cycle.

My oldest ran the steeplechase Friday and from all accounts it went well! (I couldn't go -- it was down in Eugene). He was faster than his seeded time, did not fall in the water pit, and made it over all the barriers (though he said on one of the last ones he put his hands down and felt like he was doing a parkour-type hop over).  It was a 2k, and he said it was much harder than the 3k he normally runs (without hurdles).  He also got to go to the Prefontaine meet and watch the 2 mile race, then eat at Tracktown Pizza. A big night for high school runners.

Strict WTF adherent

Report coming after I get home, which should happen eventually. I just spent three and a half hours on a plane without leaving the airport

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I had a pretty awful run on Saturday and decided to bail on the half this weekend.  I switched to the 5k, which will also be painful but at least will be painful for a shorter period of time. I don't know what's going on, but I just haven't felt great running for the last few weeks. Everything has been a struggle. So I'll run the 5k, then just do some easy running for awhile and build mileage to hopefully go into a better marathon training cycle.

My oldest ran the steeplechase Friday and from all accounts it went well! (I couldn't go -- it was down in Eugene). He was faster than his seeded time, did not fall in the water pit, and made it over all the barriers (though he said on one of the last ones he put his hands down and felt like he was doing a parkour-type hop over).  It was a 2k, and he said it was much harder than the 3k he normally runs (without hurdles).  He also got to go to the Prefontaine meet and watch the 2 mile race, then eat at Tracktown Pizza. A big night for high school runners.

oregon- sorry to hear about your bad run! sounds like a good plan though - 5k isn't too long to suffer through, and then easy running will restore your mojo.

your son's track weekend in Eugene sounds absolutely amazing, very jealous!!

_________________________________________________