2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

Huge CONGRATS to Darkwave! AWESOME JOB!!

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

runethechamp

I was going to wish DE and Nick good luck for the race and missed that it was today. Very strong races by both! Congratulations!

Ilana - Great to hear you’re getting some rain! Those pictures you posted were crazy!

Brew - I think you’re a couple of weeks ahead of me in the training program and it looks like you’re doing well in your workouts and your mileage. I pushed up my first workout of my 18-week program from Sunday to yesterday as I’m going to Mexico on vacation for a week today. I will try to keep up the running there but wanted to keep the hard workouts to a minimum. After 4 miles warmup I did 8 miles at m-pace and 1 mile at threshold pace. According to Jack Daniels those paces are supposed to be 7:29 and 7:04 based on my HM in February, but I think I’m in a little bit better shape now. So I figured if I ran 7:25-7:30/mile for the m-pace miles and 7:00-7:05 for threshold pace I would be good. Ended up at 7:23 and 6:47, and even though pacing was difficult with lots of wind I was surprised how strong my legs felt at the end. I think my increased mileage is helping for sure. It will be interesting to follow your workouts as they will come a couple of weeks ahead of mine all through the summer and fall.

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

Running Problem

Problem Child

Way to go darkwave! Looks like the plan was 7s for the first half then to drop the hammer at 13.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks guys.  I'm really happy with it.  I was pacing for a strong negative split (again, pacing by feel, ignoring watch).  Legs said "eff you, we already did a marathon" at 21, so wasn't able to close as strong as I would have hoped.  But I'm still really really happy.  I think that was everything I had in me today.

Sub-3 now seems conceivable at CIM - I knew I was close to it anyway, but it's easier mentally to chase it off of a 3:02 than a 3:08.

Weather ended up really good.  Low 50s, misty.  Wind shifted around - sometimes a headwind, sometimes a tailwind.

And, since I'm 44, I am now a qualified Moose Mug runner!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Great job DkW! Congrats!!! The "passed" data is fascinating.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Oooh, a Moose Mug!  You deserve it!  And that would be awesome if you could go sub-3 at CIM.

Ghettopops has checked in on FB and he also got a PR at Grandma's and a negative split, running just under 3:14.  I'm so happy to see so many PRs!  Conditions must have been ideal.

It's quit raining here, but it's still overcast and the radar's showing more moving in from the south.  Looks like it's still raining over the fires, fingers crossed that the steady light rain holds there and there's no flooding.

DW !

(I have rbbmoose's email, if you want to let him know...)

pepperjack

pie man

Woohoo.

edit: looks like we had some other quick runs according to the strava.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

OMR

Dwave:  Congrats!  We are about 3 hours southwest of you this weekend, and the dew point has been in the 70s for the past 24 hours, so I'm glad to hear you had favorable conditions.  (I checked the weather for Duluth at about 9am, and it was 49 degrees and cloudy.  Yum.  Anyhow, awesome PR, and congrats on earning the mug!!

Congrats as well to RBN, and Gpops if you're out there!

ilana:  Glad to hear you're getting some rain and can run outside!

FB:  So, there's a 100K in France in October...

oregonrw

Congratulations Darkwave!! Awesome run! Hope you are celebrating.

Ilana: glad you're getting rain -- hope this helps with containment.

5 miles this morning then an hour long spin class.  Spinning is much harder than running (to me) for some reason.  I always feel like it shouldn't be that hard.

fb-guy

FB:  So, there's a 100K in France in October...

I'm in. :-) DD2 will be back in school and we'll be looking for something to do. Where and when?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

AceHarris

DW: WELL DONE!! So impressed and glad the weather was decent. Looking forward to the RR! How'd you do in your AG?

Congrats to Nick and Gpops as well if you're on here somewhere!

Three weeks now of 40+ miles. Happy with the consistency and had a diverse week with speed, hills, trails, and easy runs.

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                          Date Distance Pace Comment  

Mon Jun 11 

8:22 

Morning Run 

strava 

Tue Jun 12 

7:33 

2 easy, 2x15:00 tempo, 2 easy 

strava 

Thu Jun 14 

8:31 

2 easy, 11x200 Hills, 1.5 easy 

strava 

Fri Jun 15 

8:28 

Stroller run with Corey! 

strava 

Sat Jun 16 

9:17 

Long Run Part 1: Sweaty South Loop (trails, 1215 ft gain)

strava 

Sat Jun 16 

8:50 

Long Run Part 2: Wandering back and forth 

strava 
                          Summary:

8:31

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

dwave- WOOOO congrats! that is stellar!!! excellent work.

my team has a history at the olympic trials - we have never missed one since the team was born (so 1984 was the first opportunity). yesterday we got our first OTQer for the 2020 cycle, with  2:42 at grandma's. this is a gal whose PR was 3:00 a year ago and like 3:30 a few years before that. felt more exhilarating seeing her result roll in than when we watched Desi win Botswana on TV ... serious feeling of team <3! there is a solid crew right behind her who will likely snag their tickets to Atlanta over the next 1.5 years. pretty exciting. also, fun fact, her mom ran the OT marathon too (1984). i wonder if there is any other mother/daughter combo in the same event at the OT.

some good running stuff i've read recently that y'all might enjoy:

https://tempojournal.com/article/city-guide-tracktown-usa/

https://lopemagazine.com/2018/06/14/women-steeplechase-history-emma-coburn-courtney-frerichs-jenny-simpson/

http://citiusmag.com/trevor-dunbar-father-essay/

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

OMR

FB:  I haven't signed up or anything at this point, but here's the link...

http://www.festivaldestempliers.com/english/

My week...

M:  7 @ 8:55
                              T:  7.9 @ 9:00 w/strides
                              W:  4.5 @ 8:55
                              T:  2.9 @ 8:21
                              F:  8 @ 8:50 w/strides
                              S:  5.7 @ 8:51

S:  9 @ 8:54

Total:  45.

also, fun fact, her mom ran the OT marathon too (1984).

That's pretty cool. And congrats to your teammate.

My week:

M) 4.5 easy

Tu) 5 w/ strides

W) 11 w/ 4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1 fartlek @ LT (1' rec)

Th) 4.5 very easy

F) ElliptiGo 45 min & 6

Sa) 10.5 w/ 4x400m (89.5), 4x300m (61), 4x200m (39.5), and 4x100m (17.x). {I thought the 100s were fast until I realized that was my mile pace in HS! Ugh.} & ElliptiGo 45 min

Su) ElliptiGo 45 min and 13.75 incl a good heat-induced bonk

Total: 55 and '15' on the Go