2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Oregon: if those two passed me I’d HOPE to be a lemon to see them at the end of their run for a photo. It would be an excellent Strava title. “That time I got chicked. Twice.”

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Rune & DkW ~ Good luck!

Oregon ~ That's very cool. I saw Alan Webb once here and blew past him like he was going backward! (Literally ... he was doing some drills!!!)

74 miles in past week; my legs are very heavy.

runethechamp

Thanks all and good luck Darkwave!

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

Running Problem

Problem Child

A lemon? I’m pretty sure I mean ‘around’. Unsure how being chucked by two elites is a lemon but maybe that’s a new thing.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

AceHarris

So, I ran the marathon this morning.

More to come, but the highlights are I negative split and ran a 24 minute PR!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

OMR

Wow, congrats Ace!!!!!

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Congratulations, Ace!  I guess that extreme taper thing works. :-)  How is your owie feeling now?

Brew - that's the weirdest autocorrect I've seen in a while.  Hee, lemon!

jaimegu

Wow, Ace, congrats on such an achievement... 24 min PR is huge improvement.

Rune is on route.  He passed 18.1 miles in 2:25:14

Wow, congrats Ace!!!!!

GMTA. My exact response.

fb-guy

Wow ace; go rune!!!

Now I need to extrapolate 18.1 miles in 2:25:14 to 26.2. Very exciting. Go Rune!!!

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

mattw4jc

Congrats Ace! Nice job!

I ran 7ish miles this morning. I think I'm on the comeback now!

fb-guy

18.1 @ 2:25:14 = 8.02 * 26.2 = 3:30:29.

Is that right?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Nice job Ace!  Very impressive to knock it out of the park like that

Ran 85:56 today in Philly for 7th Female, 2nd master, and the AG win.  Really happy with it - did not expect to be running anywhere near that fast today (and didn't feel particularly sharp or good or fresh).  Taper time.

http://wellimtryingtorun.blogspot.com/2018/03/race-report-philadelphia-love-half.html

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

for Rune: I see 3:31:37.  So not quite 3:25, but within spitting distance.  Not bad for a late decision marathon.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

runethechamp

Hi guys, thanks for the tracking! I’ll come back with more but here’s a quick summary:

Highlights: 15 minute PR, felt great for pretty much 23 miles, flat course, great running weather, free beer afterwards.

Lowlights: Bathroom break after 12 miles (#2, 1:15, maybe it should be a highlight with that time ), the last 3 miles, very long course (measured to 26.8 on my watch, up to 26.9 on others).

Next up: Amsterdam in 30 weeks with more miles so I can last for the full distance

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it