How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Casio has a camera that does 60 FPS at full resolution now! Then you would never miss a shot. Or atleast not until the memory card was full!
    Oh, man...LUST! RAW and MOV format shooting...that is sweet! Manual, aperture priority and shutter priority settings...damn, that looks REALLY sweet.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Oh, man...LUST! RAW and MOV format shooting...that is sweet! Manual, aperture priority and shutter priority settings...damn, that looks REALLY sweet.
      Yes, however, nothing can compare to the Canon 5D MK II for taking race pictures. It shoots 1080p video at 30 FPS while taking 21 megapixel stills at an iso of 3200! When this camera comes out I could make a fortune shooting race videos and pictures! http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos5dmarkII/page15.asp http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos5dmarkII/page2.asp
        really nice photo, norrin_radd JDF, I have an old suitcase you can borrow...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, however, nothing can compare to the Canon 5D MK II for taking race pictures. It shoots 1080p video at 30 FPS while taking 21 megapixel stills at an iso of 3200! When this camera comes out I could make a fortune shooting race videos and pictures!
          Yeah, I have a 20D and used to also have a 10D...I guzzle the Canon Kool-Aid. I've gotten to where I don't even read much about the new models as they come out...it's too depressing and impossible to keep up with the advances (unless one is independently wealthy). In that respect I kinda miss film.

~ Sarah Kay

I did the arms out and fingers pointing once...still not very photogenic. At least there are no chipmunk cheeks; I have chipmunk cheeks at most of my finish photos. Next time I'm gonna try the heel click thing...

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

ah. but yours is more impressive because you actually were number 1. Where I was just glad to bring my aching calves to a hault. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

#artbydmcbride

All of these pictures are awesome! Big grin

Runners run

tried to click heels, end up looking like I'm farting... Photobucket
                  This is one of the hottest topics I've seen in a while. It makes me think we need a finish photo hall of fame. I propose the above photo as the first entry. It cracks me up every time I look at it. Somehow the fact that you ran a marathon in 2:33 and THEN pulled off this picture makes it funnier. I can't even begin to explain that but you have my respect sir. We actually haven't had many entrants for the 'perfect race finish photo'. Lifesabeach has an awesome picture but I'm a little freaked out by the guy behind her who has his hands in his pockets whilst his shadow has his hands in the air. Creeps me out every time. I'd photoshop that sucker right out of there, shadow and all. John
                  Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
                  theyapper

On the road again...

Lifesabeach has an awesome picture but I'm a little freaked out by the guy behind her who has his hands in his pockets whilst his shadow has his hands in the air. Creeps me out every time. I'd photoshop that sucker right out of there, shadow and all. John
                    Fixed that for ya.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

This is one of the hottest topics I've seen in a while. It makes me think we need a finish photo hall of fame. I propose the above photo as the first entry. It cracks me up every time I look at it. Somehow the fact that you ran a marathon in 2:33 and THEN pulled off this picture makes it funnier. I can't even begin to explain that but you have my respect sir. We actually haven't had many entrants for the 'perfect race finish photo'. Lifesabeach has an awesome picture but I'm a little freaked out by the guy behind her who has his hands in his pockets whilst his shadow has his hands in the air. Creeps me out every time. I'd photoshop that sucker right out of there, shadow and all. John
                      +1! Couldn't agree more! Personally, I think that a good photo with a sick time in the back ground is the ultimate. With that in mind I think that jscovill's photo can't be beaten! Although Run To Win is not too far behind. Anyone have a really cool video? I bet I opened up a can of worms with that one!

Personally, I think that a good photo with a sick time in the back ground is the ultimate. With that in mind I think that jscovill's photo can't be beaten! Although Run To Win is not too far behind.
                        Jscovill's is way cooler than mine. My goal is to try and get a photo of me breaking the tape and clicking my heels at the end of my 50 miler or one of my marathons next Spring...then maybe I can get a cooler picture. I was just so elated to be winning last May that I just enjoyed the moment and didn't think about photo ops.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just so elated to be winning last May that I just enjoyed the moment and didn't think about photo ops.
                          Dude, you look like you are flying! Look at that ground clearance! I'd give anything to have a race photo where both of my feet are off the ground! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

protoplasm72

Those are some nice photos. I always looking like I'm dying in mine. I'm thinking about practicing some good poses for when I run a race worthy of it. Maybe when I BQ or if I ever win a small 5k.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

kcam

You wanna see blood, sweat and tears? The tears came after the race when I realized I looked like a bloody fool for my triumphant 1/2marathon PR. click on 31335-013-032 - notice how the blood streams towards the back of my singlet (that's cuz I'm going so damm fast! Wink). You can bet I won't forget the nip bandaids next time. http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=31335&BIB=390&LNSEARCH=1
                              theyapper

On the road again...

ah. but yours is more impressive because you actually were number 1. Where I was just glad to bring my aching calves to a hault. Blush
                                Umm. Are you sure you weren't number 1? I don't see anyone near you as you broke the tape.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul