New Year's Eve plans? (Read 616 times)

We never venture far from home on NYE and this year will be no different. We'll have a small party with some friends and lots of kids. It'll be a night of air hockey tournaments, pool, ping-pong, loud music, lots of food and then heading out to the deck for the midnight fireworks put on by our various neighbors. We toast with our drink of choice (the kids get sparkling cider in cordial glasses, we get wine glasses). Tradition for our children is that at midnight they are allowed to scream and holler at the top of their lungs while outside. We even give them a one-at-a-time chance to yell something to the world. We allow this to go on for about 20 minutes and then we send them all back inside to spare the neighbors. By the time the night is over I'll have no voice and my face will hurt from laughing so much! I was just wondering what everyone else is doing.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Going to a party with the JDRF peeps--fun bunch, so it should be a good time. I might do a 6 mile race the next AM, so I'll be taking it easy (gotta be DD, too). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I'll probably try to catch the bunny.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The real world sucks and I was shocked to learn that the court is OPEN until regular time on December 31. what the eff is up with that? Tongue Anyhow, NYE plans: party at my friend's house with lots of booze and good times. I'm so glad she decided to have a party ... I really didn't want to fork over $150 to go to a bar. Note to self: still need to buy a sparkly festive top! Big grin
          2009: BQ?
            A evening of a few good, close friends, exceptional food and really good wine. Typically, our 'foodie' hosts put on a meal worthy of Chef Ramsay et al. at the Food Network. I work in concert with my 'chef' and play at sommelier to find the perfect wines to accompany the meal. Research often takes several weeks, if not months (seriously). They are usually very old, very French and very expensive. Jackets for the men. Dresses for the ladies. It is first-class all the way - until the Old Sam's attacks, when my wife can oft be heard yelling 'Drink it, you p*ssy' and that was when she was 7 months pregnant (she was not drinking). Nuf said.
              A evening of a few good, close friends, exceptional food and really good wine. Typically, our 'foodie' hosts put on a meal worthy of Chef Ramsay et al. at the Food Network. I work in concert with my 'chef' and play at sommelier to find the perfect wines to accompany the meal. Research often takes several weeks, if not months (seriously). They are usually very old, very French and very expensive. Jackets for the men. Dresses for the ladies. It is first-class all the way - until the Old Sam's attacks, when my wife can oft be heard yelling 'Drink it, you p*ssy' and that was when she was 7 months pregnant (she was not drinking). Nuf said.
              I think I love your wife.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Going to a party with the JDRF peeps--fun bunch, so it should be a good time. I might do a 6 mile race the next AM, so I'll be taking it easy (gotta be DD, too). k
                That, and re-setting all my bike computer odometers to zero... did

db7

Work, 7p-7a DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

I'll probably stay home and go to bed between 9 and 10, just like I always do.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Unfortunately for me i'll be working...I'm a bartender at one of the big nightclubs here in shreveport so i'll be getting everyone else drunk :O) Hopefully i'll be making a lot of money doing it too Big grin I did the same thing last year and we had a great time!!
                        Unfortunately for me i'll be working...I'm a bartender at one of the big nightclubs here in shreveport so i'll be getting everyone else drunk :O) Hopefully i'll be making a lot of money doing it too Big grin I did the same thing last year and we had a great time!!
                        Drunk people are great buyers and tippers Tongue ("round of shots for everyone!!" - sat night ... "how on earth did I spend so much $$$$ last night?!" Hope it's a lucrative night for you!
                          We are gonig to Universal Studios in Orlando with some friends. Got a hotel overnight... should be lots of fun! We usually stay home or go over a friends house, so this is different for us. Does anyone else say "Rabbit Rabbit" first thing of the month/ new year for good luck? My mom got us started with this when we were young and now I make DH say it along with me to before shouting Happy New Year. Now it has some extra meaning with the pace bunnies. Smile

Dog-Love

Funny...I was thinking I might be running 22 miles just to make the 1000 miles. We shall see. Probably going to some friends for deer and beer. Cook some good food and thank god that the days are getting longer. We'll let the kids shoot off fireworks while we shoot tequilla. I am flying to Texas on the 1st so I can't get too drunk...can I?
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You and me both.
                                I miss bartending!

Michelle