Nike+ Sportwatch v. Garmin 10 What's your opinion? (Read 336 times)

hvmorfun

mad cow

I am in the market for a budget GPS watch and I've narrowed it down to these two.  I'm not a high mileage runner and over the past year approximately half of my runs were done on the treadmill (I'm not acclimated to the summertime heat in the South yet).  At present I can get the Nike+ for $120 and the Garmin for $130, so the normally higher price of the Nike is not a factor.

I've read DCRainmaker's reviews, and also "user reviews" on multiple websites, but what I'm looking for are comparisons from people who have owned/used both.

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

Better I Leave

Well since nobody has chimed in, I might as well but I haven't used both. I do have the Garmin and I'm really enjoying it. Very easy interface, acquires easily, seems accurate, and I have no complaints...HTH. Smile

TennisKid1192

Kevin

I haven't used Nike+, but I have 2 Garmins. I recently [aka today] started using a Garmin FR 10 in exchange for my FR 305. It's dead simple to use, looks great, works great and has fantastic integration with the log on this site.

I'd highly recommend it.

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

joescott

Disclaimer:  I have a vested interest in Garmin.  However, I have used both products.  It has been a few months since I did some running with the Nike watch, but I have used the 10 extensively and recently.  Hands down the Forerunner 10 is a better watch in my opinion as a runner.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

hvmorfun

mad cow

Thanks for the replies.  I had pretty much convinced myself to get the Garmin, despite having used Nike+ on my iPod for ~2 years.

In fact, the only 2 "pros" on my Nike+ list were the auto-sync to the foot pod and the longer battery life.  Then I realized that at present I have no plans to run for anywhere near 5 hours anyway, so WTH?

Added bonus: $50 gift card to spend on clearance clothes at Nike :-)

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!