I'm Number 1! (Read 999 times)

goat

Finder of good newts

Well, I was THE Number 1 - to be more specific. It's amazing how something so silly as a bib number can really make your day. Usually fast people or folks whose last name is Aaaaaronsohn get number 1... but not yesterday in Spreckels, California. Yesterday I had the privilege and ... you DO get treated differently as number 1. More people cheer you on the course, your friends make fun of you... they actually care about beating you so they can say "I beat number 1". All in all - good entertainment. I don't know if it was the bib number, but I had my fastest 10k in years... Ran a negative split with my first 4 miles 7:44/mile and ending with something like 7:22 and 7:19 - beating my goal by over a minute. Whoo ee! Everyone should get to be number 1 at least once. Andy

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

Congrats G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time). When I saw your name I thought of this acronym. I have used it several times in toast by calling someone an old G.O.A.T. And today it was fitting for the number one guy in the race.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I once had #12. I thought that was pretty cool, since my birthday is 2/12. But 1 would be even cooler! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What an honour! If you look at my profile you can see the most interesting bib number I have ever had. Blush

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I was once 10254. That was cool because....wait, this will never work out.
            goat

Finder of good newts

If you look at my profile you can see the most interesting bib number I have ever had.
              rururunner, Did more people than usual cheer you on for that one? Big grin

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

ultramarathon/triathlete

I've never had a number 1. that would be very cool!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

Jill_B

I fly.

Well, I was THE Number 1 - to be more specific. It's amazing how something so silly as a bib number can really make your day. Usually fast people or folks whose last name is Aaaaaronsohn get number 1... but not yesterday in Spreckels, California. Yesterday I had the privilege and ... you DO get treated differently as number 1. More people cheer you on the course, your friends make fun of you... they actually care about beating you so they can say "I beat number 1". All in all - good entertainment. I don't know if it was the bib number, but I had my fastest 10k in years... Ran a negative split with my first 4 miles 7:44/mile and ending with something like 7:22 and 7:19 - beating my goal by over a minute. Whoo ee! Everyone should get to be number 1 at least once. Andy
                  I agree! (I had the pleasure of getting bib number 1 for the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, it was as if I was Kenyan.)

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I agree! (I had the pleasure of getting bib number 1 for the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, it was as if I was Kenyan.)
                    Apparently somebody got a number negative one at that race.
                      I have had 11 and 6 as my bib numbers in a couple of races. Give that I have only run only 8-10 official races so far, I guess I am an eager beaver in registering .
                      Purdey

Self anointed title

Trent would give his right arm to be No. 1 Monkey - he's just jealous.

jeffdonahue

I had number one at a 6K up in Nashua a few months ago. People were looking at me weird all day and I heard a couple "Wow, he must be fast" from some. In all honesty the only thing I was fast at was registering for the race - I think I was the first one to register online. I almost felt like I disappointed people when I wasnt even close to the front of the pack. Wink
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

You're such a dork Trent Smile
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JakeKnight

You're such a dork Trent Smile
                              I like how he makes that sounds like an original conclusion. Psst. Star Wars action figures. In his office. For real.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------