Is sub 3 possible for me in 9 weeks? 16 weeks actually (Read 624 times)

kcam

Those two quotes do not say that "every key workout miss is a 1% drop" in fitness.  That's certainly not true.

He does say that a "well-designed taper can provide an improvement in race performance of several percent".  Focus on THAT (you're getting stronger at this point by doing relatively NOTHING) rather than the false notion that you're dropping 1% fitness when you don't do a 'key workout' .

Oops .. mkeymike beat me to the punch there!

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Here it is. Tomorrow is the race date. The weather will be sunny between 51F to 59F (11C to 15C) in the morning.

I take a day off from work to relax today.

As usual, I had an anxiety dream and probably will have again tonight. Last night I dreamed that I forgot my bib in the car and had to go back to get it and was late, but I won the race with 2:35. I starred at the result and thought that couldn't be true, then I woke up and it was a dream. LOL

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

Feeling the growl again

Here it is. Tomorrow is the race date. The weather will be sunny between 51F to 59F (11C to 15C) in the morning.

I take a day off from work to relax today.

So no excuses.  Smile

Watch the pace in the first half.  Good luck.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Best of luck, David.  For all our critiquing, we're still rooting for you.

Can't wait to read the race report.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

Best of luck, David.  For all our critiquing, we're still rooting for you.

Can't wait to read the race report.

Exactly. Just remember banking time is a fools errand.

Julia1971

Aren't anxiety dreams the best?  At least in yours, you won the race.  Your sub-conscious is definitely ready to race.  Smile

Run smart and good luck!

Go get it David.

Best of luck to you.

Ready, go.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Good luck, David!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Dreamn

Good Luck, David!

runmomto3boys

Good luck!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck David!

steph  

Thanks all. I will bring you all with me and think about you all in the difficult sections.

I am carb loading. So far I had two pieces of whole grain toasts with peanut butter with a glass of orange juice, 3 bananas, hydrating myself all day. Lunch is ready in 30 minutes. All home grown organic turnips, celery, eggplants, onions, zucchinis slow cook with beef and lots of steam rice. That will be my supper as well, then planning a couple of toasts with peanut butter before going to bed and the same with orange juice and banana for tomorrow's breakfast.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

Good luck tomorrow David - the conditions look perfect!