RoadID (Read 860 times)

danazc

So who here all uses a road id or something like it?  I am new to this forum and was curious to know if a lot of people use them or if there are other options that someone can suggest such as another company or idea.  I never heard about these until the other day and then when I searched them on this forum it looks like some people use them.
    xor

I use the one that attaches to my shoe... which is fine unless my shoes go flying if/when I get nailed (and shoes-a-flyin isn't super uncommon).

There are lots of ways, cheap ways, to keep yourself identified w/ emergency contact info and med info if need be.

I like my road ID products.  I've had a few of the shoe tags for years with no issues.  And won't have issues unless/until I need to change the info or maybe lose them (edited to add: oh yeah, losing them ain't that hard if you accidentally leave them attached to dead shoes when you take dead shoes to be recycled or pitch them).

ManTags by Boomerang Tags start at $10.20 including shipping. Very substantial, the first time I put it on it felt like a hubcap on a chain. After about five minutes I was used to it and I rarely take it off.  Looks like new after a couple of  years.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

danazc

For those of you that use the Petco/Walmart Dog Tags, how do you attach it to your shoe so it doesn't flop around and is stable?  I think this is a route I may go.
          danazc

ManTags by Boomerang Tags start at $10.20 including shipping. Very substantial, the first time I put it on it felt like a hubcap on a chain. After about five minutes I was used to it and I rarely take it off.  Looks like new after a couple of  years.

How do you guys all tie down the dog tag with only 1 hole on it?  I am looking at putting it on my shoe so I dont have to think about it or put it on all the time.

Prince of Fatness

I use the RoadID tag that goes on your ankle.  I like it.  It's pretty well padded, so I don't even notice that I'm wearing it.

I also bought other stuff from RoadID and have never had any issues when dealing with them.

Not at it at all. 

I ordered 100 of these for our running club, customized with our logo.  http://www.smartidtag.com/

$1.55 each + shipping.  You write your own info inside with a Sharpie marker.  There is a clear adhesive seal that goes over your writing to keep it watertight and to prevent smearing.  Hard to argue with the price.  It fits on your shoe much like the latest D-Tag timing chips, except it has a convenient snap.

Menace to Sobriety

I'm relying on dental records and DNA. I've seen enough CSI shows to know they're 100% conclusive.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

danazc

I'm relying on dental records and DNA. I've seen enough CSI shows to know they're 100% conclusive.

Now that I think of it, it is probably a good idea to still be putting the day of the week on my underwear in addition to my name and phone number... Maybe I don't need that road id.  Smile

+ 1

I love my mantag!!!!!!!!

- Anya

Dittto!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Member Since 2008

I use the RoadID wrist stap and have no issues with it.
                            I have the road ID ankle tag.  Lost the tag onced, but ordered a replacment for a reduced price.  Love it, and I don't notice it at all.
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Best Present Ever

I'm too disorganized for the wrist/ankle things.  I use the shoe tag so that when the logging truck and/or wildly careening early morning newspaper deliverer runs me over eventually, the police can notify my husband before the dental records & dna matches come back.  CSI is right about the records being conclusive,  but they leave out how LONG it takes for the results to come back.
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I bought a tag for ONE of my four pairs of shoes, but I'm too lazy to transfer it.  So I wear that pair of shoes if I'm in a new place or going for a very long run.