Podcasts & Shuffle... ? (Read 787 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am attempting to load multiple podcast segments onto my Shuffle, but I must be doing something wrong. Confused Black eye I put about a half dozen individual segments (each 25-30 minutes in length) into a playlist and tried loading the playlist to my Shuffle, but it's not taking. I must be missing something really obvious. I can listen to podcasts just fine on my desktop, but don't see a way to apply them to my Shuffle. I never tried listening to them via my Nano, so this is a new realm.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

Not familiar with shuffle but did find this, not sure if it'll help you or not....Good luck! First, ANY music you play in iTunes while the Shuffle is connected is actually being played by iTunes, NOT the Shuffle. Second, to play a podcast requires the shuffle's mode switch to be in the "loop" (play-in-order) position.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Lazy idiot

I have a Shuffle. I drag the podcasts directly from the podcast area (as opposed to music, kwim?) directly to the Shuffle. Using playlists for podcasts has not worked for me.

Tick tock

I don't understand why people buy Shuffles. I need a display.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Second, to play a podcast requires the shuffle's mode switch to be in the "loop" (play-in-order) position.
            Got it in Loop mode...still can't load anything non-music. Weird. When I look at my autofill menu the playlist I made is there, but it won't apply--all music playlists load fine. Should there be a way to load podcasts that is different from loading music files? Do I need to enable something? Anyone...Bueller...?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Using playlists for podcasts has not worked for me.
              Awww...nuts. Well who wants to listen to just one 30 minute podcast? I'm going to have to Google to see what I can find.

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Awww...nuts. Well who wants to listen to just one 30 minute podcast? I'm going to have to Google to see what I can find.
                You can load multiple podcasts, you just can't do it with a playlist. Just click and drag them to your shuffle.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hmm, seems to work for me. I don't do auto-fill, I just drag 'em over there. Come to think of it, I have all of my current (last 24 hours) podcasts in a Smart Playlist, and I just drag them from there onto the shuffle. Haven't tried auto-fill from there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can load multiple podcasts, you just can't do it with a playlist. Just click and drag them to your shuffle.
                    Ha, I just did it...I think. I dragged my playlist with multiple podcasts up to my Shuffle window in the iTunes pane. This is the official page that details how to handle applying Podcasts to Shuffle.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I must say, I still don't know why it wouldn't work to autofill a playlist of Podcasts, just like one would with music. Not sure what the rationale is, there...?

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha, I just did it...I think. I dragged my playlist with multiple podcasts up to my Shuffle window in the iTunes pane. This is the official page that details how to handle applying Podcasts to Shuffle.
                        Ha! I was about to rickroll you with what looked like a link to that very page. Foiled again!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool, it worked. I now have 3 hours of Kathy & Judy radio bits from WGN! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha! I was about to rickroll you with what looked like a link to that very page. Foiled again!
                            You gotta wake up pretty early to pull a fast one on me (I roll over every link on RA before clicking--the student becomes the master). Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Duh...I see my suggestion was already brought up by midwest-runner. As you were.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

an amazing likeness

Cool, it worked. I now have 3 hours of Kathy & Judy radio bits from WGN! Big grin
                                When you load a Shuffle with a few podcasts....I recommend that you leave in your favorite music tracks as well, and put the little guy on shuffle mode. Then you can experience things like the B-52s and Ira Glass intermixed. Here you are humping it up a hill, with that little voice in your head saying "..come on. keep. up. the. pace. push you lazy sob. stop sucking wind." while you're blaring Love Shack, followed by Jungleland, then you right as you're about to die from the heat, from the hill, from the extra 2 miles more than plan you threw in..."I'm Terri Gross, and...this is Fresh Air" comes blaring into your ears. Then, of course, you have the rule that says you must accept what the Shuffle delivers -- no skipping -- so for the next hour you have to listen to Ira or Terri or Car Talk. You have that rule too, don't you? Oh well, probably not. Never mind.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.