2022 Advanced Racing Thread (Read 497 times)

Fishyone

Sorry to hear that fishy. I get that 1 gear thing occasionally in my first long runs. Have you figured out / recovered from the tailbone yet? That doesn't sound like taper issues, sounds like you tweaked something and it ruined your race.

Thanks Zebano I get that occasionally in my log run runs too.  Often my later MP or even T segments are much faster after warming up. Yesterday I kept imagining all I needed to do was 4 mille MP segement (i had been going in 6:45-6:55) of which I'd done countless.  I just couldn't get to the pace down there

Looking back the taper seems fine.  MY hope is to fix the back issue really soon then reverse taper for an early May marathon.  Looking back I shouldn't have run this one. I knew my back wasn't right since Friday and if it too 800mg ibuprofin to get to the start 2 days later I sould have bailed.

That said, Boston is special and even running it at partial speed was pretty special. I didn't do any damage to myself (I hope).

“Long distance running is 90 percent mental and the other half is physical.”

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Did I just read that right? You're trying for another marathon in a few weeks??

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Did I just read that right? You're trying for another marathon in a few weeks??

I'm just gonna echo Jmac with a BWAH?

What you are describing in your back/tailbone really seems like something that should not be messed with.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

zebano

Pretty soon you'll be telling me that if I come to a fork in the road, I should take it.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

HermosaBoy

Pretty soon you'll be telling me that if I come to a fork in the road, I should take it.

Forks are helpful for eating.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Fishyone

I'm just gonna echo Jmac with a BWAH?

What you are describing in your back/tailbone really seems like something that should not be messed with.

thanks and you're right.  Probably just frustration talking.  I wont do anything stupid.

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

And of course the first half of a marathon is 32k and last half 10k.   Glad you enjoyed it and taken a positive attitude….if you’re in good health then crack on and have another shot next month. 👍

Cal - I just found this interesting looking race on Marathon Runners Diary.  

https://worlds-fastest-marathon.com

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

HermosaBoy

That sounds really painful!!!

Rob

CalBears

And of course the first half of a marathon is 32k and last half 10k.   Glad you enjoyed it and taken a positive attitude….if you’re in good health then crack on and have another shot next month. 👍

If it was not in Spain and if they didn't try to sell you the only way to get into it through a tour package, I would might try it. But I will not - due to the reasons mentioned previously. The downhill race I ran was ideal from mile 9 till almost to the end (except the hot weather at the second half of the course under direct sun), the first 9 were not that downhilly-exciting - I know, hard to believe, but many still do not believe that CIM is not that simple either .

Btw, I've got an email that my invitation to London marathon is a done deal and it will be sent to me at the end of April - so, you can start making preparations 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Btw, I've got an email that my invitation to London marathon is a done deal and it will be sent to me at the end of April - so, you can start making preparations 

That’s because I personally emailed Boris and told him that you’re a nice Russian and won’t cause any trouble. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

That’s because I personally emailed Boris and told him that you’re a nice Russian and won’t cause any trouble. 👍

No, Boris has nothing to do with it (thanks god!) - I earned it through running Abbott Major competition.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Running Problem

Problem Child

Forks are helpful for eating.

Also public gatherings. The “pitch” type are my favorite.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

HermosaBoy

Also public gatherings. The “pitch” type are my favorite.

Rob

Running Problem

Problem Child

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Cal - it looks like you're up next! Any goal for this 100K? Also, I know there was some back and forth on this Abbott thing, can you fill in the details on what it is?

Mikkey - careful now posting downhill races like that! Us CIMers are chomping at the bit to cheat a bit more on our times.

The next real marathoner is SomethingClever, and then me and DPS at Grandma's.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)