Need a new TV show into which I can sink the teeth of my mind (Read 723 times)

BeeRunB

Here I am. Netflix user. I've finished or caught up with Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad,  House Of Cards, Lillyhammer, Orange Is The New Black, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Louie, and Lost. Can anyone free me from the hell of sifting through all the shows on there with a strong suggestion for a good show? I also have Amazon Prime, if there's anything there. Thanks.

Joann Y

Here I am. Netflix user. I've finished or caught up with Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad,  House Of Cards, Lillyhammer, Orange Is The New Black, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Louie, and Lost. Can anyone free me from the hell of sifting through all the shows on there with a strong suggestion for a good show? I also have Amazon Prime, if there's anything there. Thanks.

Don't watch much but if I do it's on netflix or couchtuner.

American Horror Story (at least season one, don't know about the others)

Arrested Development

More than anything else, I would highly highly recommend True Detective. It's not on netflix. You can find it on couchtuner (or other places I'm sure). I will leave it at that.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

People are saying The Americans is good, and it's on Amazon.  Not speaking from personal experience, though.

some call me Tim

Sherlock, Dexter, and The Killing are good (and dark) and you might enjoy if you liked Breaking Bad.

Agreed that Arrested Development is dynamite, and I have a soft spot for the silliness of Trailer Park Boys, especially the incredible John Dunsworth as drunken horrorshow/trailer park supervisor Jim Lahey.

Definitely Dexter. Cant stop watching..

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

+1 for Arrested Development, and a vote for Parks and Recreation.

For something darker, Sons of Anarchy.

And, of course, there's the Brit-Soap, Downton Abbey.

all 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy are available on both Prime & Netflix.

Vikings is on Prime.

The Returned via Netflix.

I would highly highly recommend True Detective. 

this. Rust (McConaughey) draws you in with both his outlook & insight (and to a lesser extent his ability to create little people from used beer-cans). Marty (Harrelson) is the ideal foil for Rust. it all makes for highly compelling viewing.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Sherlock, Dexter, and The Killing are good (and dark) and you might enjoy if you liked Breaking Bad.

Echoing the above.

Also:

- Top of the Lake - a modern Twin Peaks, just not quite as weird (5/5)

- Spiral - The French version of The Wire (4/5)

- Luther - Breaking Bad, the British Cop version (5/5)

- The Following - FBI serial killer chase (3/5)

- Damages - the first season is pretty interesting: Law graduate joins cut-throat amoral law firm (as if there is another kind) (3/5)

- Weeds - suburban mom turns drug dealer (comedy).  The first few seasons are a riot (4/5 then 2/5 after they leave town)

- Awake - (just started this one) - crime procedural meets parallel worlds (3/5)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Why is it sideways?

The Wire -- on Amazon, but you gotta pay.

L Train

My favorite series ever.

BeeRunB

Definitely Dexter. Cant stop watching..

I've been taking a break after Season 4, the season of John Lithgow. Ahhhh, I'm still not over the finale. Lithgow was AWESOME.

BeeRunB

Maybe I'll re-up the DVD portion on Netflix for a month and binge watch these. I keep hearing great things about this show.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

You will not be disappointed.

OMAR Comm'n!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

kcam

Step away from the fucking remote and go for a run.  That list is pathetic. You should be ashamed.

BeeRunB

Step away from the fucking remote and go for a run.  That list is pathetic. You should be ashamed.

I run with my remote.

I'll never be ashamed of my list.

It may be short, but it has girth.