Need a new TV show into which I can sink the teeth of my mind (Read 723 times)

Billions on Showtime.  Awesome show.  I love Paul Giamatti.

BeeRunB

Billions on Showtime.  Awesome show.  I love Paul Giamatti.

I liked him in American Splendor, John Adams, and in Private Parts. Actually, he's good in everything he plays, but those come to mind quickly.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'd don't know if anyone else is watching The Handmaid's Tale but it is seriously freaking me out.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I'd don't know if anyone else is watching The Handmaid's Tale but it is seriously freaking me out.

No. Just the commercials for it freak me out.

Dave

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We are watching 'Better Call Saul', and liking it!

The first season was good.  2nd was so amazing that we sucked it up and subscribed to season 3 on iTunes.  Now the hard part is waiting a week between episodes.  Same issue I have with Hulu shows (also watching Handmaid's Tale).  Bingewatching has ruined me for weekly episodes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Bingewatching has ruined me for weekly episodes.

That's what I like about how Netflix does it.  They know their audience.  Release the whole season in one night.

Think I would shoot myself if I ever had to watch a show interrupted by commercials again.

That's what I like about how Netflix does it.  They know their audience.  Release the whole season in one night.

Think I would shoot myself if I ever had to watch a show interrupted by commercials again.

Fortunately all the shows with commercials we watch end up being viewed via DVR anyway. Not specifically to be able to skip the commercials, but mainly because I go to bed by 9:00.

And speaking of Netflix - new season of House of Cards drops 5/30!

Dave

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

And speaking of Netflix - new season of House of Cards drops 5/30!

I would be really excited about this, but last season it seemed like they were anticipating commenting on a Hilary Presidency.  Watching a show with a real Machiavellian politician in power seems a bit quaint, at this point.

BeeRunB

The only show I watch the old-fashioned way is Survivor, I've seen every show since the first season. If I miss one, I watch online at CBS.com---still has commercials on-line. Of course, I still watch sports the old-fashioned way, live and with many commercials (except The Masters, which doesn't have many at all).

Yay on House Of Cards. Fun show. Some major league acting and scene-chewing by Spacey and Wright.

I plan to check out the rest of Better Call Saul--I watched the first episode and it showed promise. I still need to watch the final season of Breaking Bad, which became a trudge for me once Walt seemed to change to being a psychopath with no code (when he poisoned that innocent boy). I was with the show up until that point. There's a quality to the show, but just can't get myself back to it. The last one I watched was when they offed the innocent kid on his bike in the desert. I'm all for watching shows about criminals and allowing myself to root for their not getting caught--like I did with The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, 4 seasons of Dexter (Lithgow's season disturbed me and I haven't gone back yet---man, was Lithgow great in that role), and now do with House Of Cards, but there needs to be some code left in the main character within that world. Mobsters tend to be easier to root for as it usually happens in a self-contained world in which there are rules, and people only get offed if you break them (though in The Sopranos, Paulie did off an old lady once, and I felt that was a violation of the unspoken pact between viewer and creator of mob entertainment). Not if I'll ever get back to Breaking Bad. I'm a bit reticent about Better Call Saul, as I don't want to get rooting for a character only to see him written into a place where I no longer can.

For period stuff, I couldn't sleep well Friday night, so got up at 3:00 am and binged Anne With An E (Anne Of Green Gables) and enjoyed it. I've been slogging through 13 Reasons Why (a.k.a. as 13 Sides Of Tortuous Cassette Tapes) just to see what happens in the end, but it's a slog through some bad TV.

Happy watching. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I stopped watching with about 6 shows left over a year ago.

I still need to watch the final season of Breaking Bad, which became a trudge for me once Walt seemed to change to being a psychopath with no code (when he poisoned that innocent boy). I was with the show up until that point. There's a quality to the show, but just can't get myself back to it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LitchfieldHills

Personal fav show for the past few years has been The Americans.  It is a slow-burn series, so if you want things to happen immediately, it will not be for you.  First few seasons are on Amazon Prime.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Personal fav show for the past few years has been The Americans.  It is a slow-burn series, so if you want things to happen immediately, it will not be for you.  First few seasons are on Amazon Prime.

I think my favorite part of that show is the obviously/purposely bad "in disguise" costumes.  The terrible wigs.  The awful mustaches.  Adds real charm to the show.  The FBI agent is actor has shown some really amazing acting chops for a bit-player.  Hope he gets more work.  That and I loved the fat-woman handler they had at first.  She was Soviet-great.

Joann Y

Haven't watched much TV but recently went through a binge of Masters of Sex. That was really interesting and fun to watch. Currently on I Love Dick... Kevin Bacon is fantastic in this. Love it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think my favorite part of that show is the obviously/purposely bad "in disguise" costumes.  The terrible wigs.  The awful mustaches.  Adds real charm to the show.  The FBI agent is actor has shown some really amazing acting chops for a bit-player.  Hope he gets more work.  That and I loved the fat-woman handler they had at first.  She was Soviet-great.

I had to keep wondering how the affair with Martha was possible in that disguise. Still, love the series, and am sad that I've run out of episodes on Prime.

LitchfieldHills

Both handlers (Margo Martindale and Frank Langella) have been great.  The 80's period stuff is really well done (as someone who spend all of HS and college in the 80s) - not campy, but very good.

I had to keep wondering how the affair with Martha was possible in that disguise. Still, love the series, and am sad that I've run out of episodes on Prime.

In general, I think awards shows are complete BS, but I can't fathom how the actress that plays Martha didn't even get nominated for an Emmy last year.