Need a new TV show into which I can sink the teeth of my mind (Read 723 times)

Hip Redux

In the coming to things late category, I just discovered John Lajoie's Youtube channel of amazingly funny songs. He plays Taco on The League. My favorite character on the show—so hard to wrap your brain around—is he serious, sardonic,  dumb, intelligent, out there, totally there?  Seems he's had this whole other career before the show. Creative man.

Yeah, I posted that  - see about four posts up!  Hilarious stuff.

BeeRunB

Yeah, I posted that  - see about four posts up!  Hilarious stuff.

I was meaning to click through on that, thinking it was just Taco's songs. Last night, I was looking at the Wikipedia page for The League, and I was interested in the guy who plays Taco, and his page said he was a Youtube star, so I clicked through, and "I Kill People" was just amazing! As was "I'm A Normal Guy."

Just started FARGO last night.  Love it.  Very much the same "feel" as the movie.  Great characters.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Just started FARGO last night.  Love it.  Very much the same "feel" as the movie.  Great characters.

+1 started watching last week.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Hip Redux

I was meaning to click through on that, thinking it was just Taco's songs. Last night, I was looking at the Wikipedia page for The League, and I was interested in the guy who plays Taco, and his page said he was a Youtube star, so I clicked through, and "I Kill People" was just amazing! As was "I'm A Normal Guy."

His new one came out today!

BeeRunB

His new one came out today!

Awesome. This guy's brilliant. Thanks for the heads up.

bap

My mind wears dentures these days.

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Just started Rake (Australian version) after hearing about it on NPR.  Pretty good, so far.  Can't imagine wide-eyed and docile Greg Kinear playing the main role (in the American version).

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

BeeRunB

My mind wears dentures these days.

Do you use CerebelluDent?

Supposedly really helps when your mind dentures start to slip. Comes in a few flavors.

SheCan

+1 Great show so far.  Someone-- not always human-- killed every episode.

(And DaveP I saw you making fun of my spelling!  Meany )

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Fargo is great.

BeeRunB

In the "coming late to the party" category, I finally gave 30rock a chance, and now I'm hooked (on Netflix). Funny, total comedy, no schmaltz. Tina Fey is an amazingly creative person. Go, TIna!

Love this link.  It's full of great recommendations.

My current favorite is Justified. Can't recommend it enough. Also liked Hell on Wheels.  I currently have the next season of Boardwalk Empire on reserve at the library.

Hip Redux

We're working through Legit now.   If you like The League, it's the same sort of twisted/adult humor.   Only two seasons, though.

superspike113

Honorary Old

If you have Amazon Prime streaming, HBO shows are now available.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07