My long and winding Bay State Marathon race report (Read 934 times)

I can't even comprehend running that fast for that long, and that's part of why I loved reading every detail. Congratulations on showing us what hard training combined with mental and physical toughness looks like. Enjoy the glory, it's a well deserved reward!
      Bravo. Does this mean the summer of Mikey is over? Because that would make me sad.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

This was a tremendous report, with a lot of insite to Mikey too.. A marathon of 2:49 is something that I can't even imagine..........remarkable job - great race....... Great Report..... Big grin Guarantee that I'll be there next year.....2009.......if this report doesnt fire you up, nothin will.... 364 days to do.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Prince of Fatness

Reading this great story not only makes me want to go out and run, it also makes me want to go out and train. For that I thank you. Congratulations on your well deserved PR!

Not at it at all. 

Lazy idiot

Awesome job, Mikey. Love your last paragraph.

Tick tock

Non ducor, duco.

I made the personal decision to be a runner again.
              It all started with one simple decision. Great job Mikey. You are an inspiration because your race reports transcend the telling of the event and become a story that resonates with any runner.
                Awesome race and really great report. Best quote though:
                Training in the summer is always easier than in the winter--there's a lot less laundry, etc.--

http://www.runningnotes.net

Dave

Really nice, Mikey. Ya done good.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nice race. Your training was exemplary, and you executed on race day. Enjoy your well-deserved accolades.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Dude!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Dog-Love

Man I felt like I was running that race with you...OK I am not a 2:49er but it was fun to be virtually there. WOW! Your family must be proud
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

#artbydmcbride

Dude...you can run! Dayum....you can write! Blush

Runners run

Me and my gang in Breck

Mike, I wouldn't of missed it for the world! Congrats.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

L Train

Bravo. Does this mean the summer of Mikey is over? Because that would make me sad.
                              I agree with Lank. Mike, I honestly didn't even consider the possibility that you wouldn't be sub 2:50. That's a great report and what I take from it is that your perfect race day probably only accounted for less than 5% of your probability of success. 95% of it was already determined by your previous thousands of miles. Congratulations.

kcam

Congratulations on a well-run race!