Help me out by answering some questions about your running habits :) (Read 163 times)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Do they have names?

Of course they have names....left shoe is Kim and right shoe is Kourtney.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

jusss

“What shoes do you run with” is an impossible question to answer if you’re a serious or semi serious marathon runner as you will have different shoes for different workouts....and sometimes different shoes for races.

A little late of an answer, but under the question "what shoes do you run with?", you could just enumerate all of the various shoes you run with. And well, I am guessing that at the end of the day, the shoes you run with won't make a major difference in terms of your finishing time as long as you feel comfortable in your shoes throughout the run - of course, unless you use shoes like the Vaporfly 4%'s or some other shoe that greatly differs from shoes that could be called  "normal" running shoes. In that case, there's definitely a noticeable time difference.

By the way, I am quite curious about what shoes you use for specific distances if you could tell me Smile

jusss

Okay i waded through the quesionaire and it seems legitamite, not a marketing scheme.

I finished it and good luck to you.

Much appreciated, thanks! Smile

berylrunner

Rick

No survey needed.  In order to be good at running, you need to a lot of it.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

By the way, I am quite curious about what shoes you use for specific distances if you could tell me Smile

Most of my long runs are in Hoka Cliftons and the shoe I’d probably train in the most. Occasionally I’ll do a trail run in Hoka Stinson ATRs. Faster paced runs I tried out the NB Vazee pace V2s this year which felt great, but sadly they don’t give me enough support. For MP/tempo treadmill runs I’ve been using Skechers Gorun 400s for the last couple of years and love them, even though they’re considered more of a recreational shoe. 😁  I’ve raced in the Vaporflys this year from 5k to marathon, they’re expensive which means I don’t train in them!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

5k/10k and rep work - Adidas Takumi Sen

Tempo / marathon work - Skechers GoRun Razor 3

All other runs (easy/recovery) - Brooks Pureflow

Racing > 10K - Vaporfly

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

jusss

Most of my long runs are in Hoka Cliftons and the shoe I’d probably train in the most. Occasionally I’ll do a trail run in Hoka Stinson ATRs. Faster paced runs I tried out the NB Vazee pace V2s this year which felt great, but sadly they don’t give me enough support. For MP/tempo treadmill runs I’ve been using Skechers Gorun 400s for the last couple of years and love them, even though they’re considered more of a recreational shoe. 😁  I’ve raced in the Vaporflys this year from 5k to marathon, they’re expensive which means I don’t train in them!

Alright, thanks for the answer! By the way, this information is of huge help, I probably should've included some more thorough question about running/training shoes in my questionnaire Smile