New Ipod Shuffle - 4GB (Read 876 times)

Dave

Smaller and more storage. Big problem for me though because they've removed all the controls from the device itself and put them on the headphone cord. Can't use any other headphones until someone markets an adapter (and that sort of defeats the purpose). $79 USD. Old models still available. Might want to buy them while you still can.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Lazy idiot

Is there still a built-in clip on the back? If not... that and the removal of the controls means my little old 1GB shuffle will continue to do the trick. (Y'know, cause I'm routinely running out of music on my 12 hour runs... Wink)

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, yeah...I wouldn't pay $79 for something that requires those shitty, painful, fall-out-of-my-ears Apple headphones. I'm guessing those headphones would be toast after a rain storm, too. I'm glad I have my 1gb shuffle. It holds more than enough.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Still has the clip, and wow is this thing small! They moved controls to the earbud to make the player smaller and make the controls more accessible. I get that, but even if they ship the good Apple earbuds (yes, they make some good ones in addition to the crappy standard ones), you still don't have any flexibility with using your own buds. And criminy, did this thing really need to get smaller? Shit, I'll just wait for the in-ear micro implant. Time to stock up on the old one. It's still available (but apparently only in 1GB).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They moved controls to the earbud to make the player smaller and make the controls more accessible. I get that, but even if they ship the good Apple earbuds (yes, they make some good ones in addition to the crappy standard ones), you still don't have any flexibility with using your own buds. And criminy, did this thing really need to get smaller? Shit, I'll just wait for the in-ear micro implant. Time to stock up on the old one. It's still available (but apparently only in 1GB).
            Even if the sound quality of the "good" Apple earbuds is good...they don't fit my ears well at all...fall out and are painful. I've never had anything fit my ears well and be comfy--plus the cheap Apple buds blocked out too much ambient noise. I'm guessing the better ones would do the same. If Sennheiser were to come out with a twist-to-fit model with the controls on the cord I'd be game...but not if I have to spend $80 for the iPod on top of it. And who needs 4gb? Damn, I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on a second "old" iPod Shuffle. I guess I could keep it tucked in a drawer and sell it if I never used it. Hmmm....

~ Sarah Kay

Could good buds be spliced to the iPod bud's wires?
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Damn, I am thisclose to pulling the trigger on a second "old" iPod Shuffle. I guess I could keep it tucked in a drawer and sell it if I never used it. Hmmm....
                I think I might buy 2. They're only $49, and considering I've already lost one, probably not bad to play it safe.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Could good buds be spliced to the iPod bud's wires?
                  That's way too much hackery for a lttle MP3 player. If they had made it so that the earbuds plug into the controller (like with the iPod FM tuner thingy), then there would be no issue.

Dave

I think I might buy 2. They're only $49, and considering I've already lost one, probably not bad to play it safe.
                    $39 refurbished but I imagine those will go quick if they already haven't.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Poopy...just checked with the hubby about buying a backup and he's all negatory. Damned economy and 10% pay cuts. If my Shuffle dies I'll have to steal my old 2nd gen. Nano back from him.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Poopy...just checked with the hubby about buying a backup and he's all negatory. Damned economy and 10% pay cuts. If my Shuffle dies I'll have to steal my old 2nd gen. Nano back from him.
                        All the non-spending that people are doing because of the economy is hurting the economy! Evil grin

an amazing likeness

After being an avowed Shuffle-ee for a few years, moved on to the Sansa Clip. Gained FM radio and no dependence on iTunes in a great little package for running. (probably lost some audio quality...but with traffic and wind noise it isn't noticeable) Only flaw is the volume adjust is blocked by the headphone's cord in some headphone models.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

A few years ago I had a cheap pair of headphones that had a built in volume control. I liked it because I could easily adjust it while running. However, don't like the Apple idea in that it requires you use their headphones. They need to get some third party headphones compatible with this or this new shuffle could be a big failure.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Top 'O the World!

Woo-Hoo! my bank gave me another 1GB shfl this week! Cool
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All the non-spending that people are doing because of the economy is hurting the economy! Evil grin
                                I know...it's a bad catch-22, isn't it. Undecided

~ Sarah Kay