Best Deal on a 205 or 305 (Read 962 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Where is the best place to get a 205 or 305 these days. After seeing the 405 I am not impressed and my wife wants a training watch. I was hoping to get the 405 but don't see much reason for that yet. Do they still have the $50 rebate?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      No but you can pick one up on amazon for $185
        I just got a 205 from thenerds.net last week, they had a $1.99 shipping special so the total was $154. Shipping is currently listed at $9.99 so the total would be $162.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Otium cum dignitate

I just got a 205 from thenerds.net last week, they had a $1.99 shipping special so the total was $154. Shipping is currently listed at $9.99 so the total would be $162.
          I found the same deal, but then price protected it at Zappos.com down to $136 with free overnight shipping. I got the impression Mr. Zappo was not pleased, so the deal may no longer be in effect, but it's worth a try.
            I found the same deal, but then price protected it at Zappos.com down to $136 with free overnight shipping. I got the impression Mr. Zappo was not pleased, so the deal may no longer be in effect, but it's worth a try.
            Seems easy enough: #1 Order the item that you want from Zappos.com. # 2 Please call us at 1-800-ZAPPOS-1 (1-800-927-7671) or 702-943-7677 with your order number, and either the URL of the site where you found the item (and directions of how to find the item), or the name and phone number of the store where you found the item. #3 We will verify the information, give you a discount equal to 110% of the difference, and email you with your new total. Offer is not valid unless information can be verified by Zappos.com, Inc.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

obiebyke

Can anyone explain why, when I search for "garmin 305" on Amazon.com, it comes up with several options that look the same but have wildly different prices? Check it out! http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-2133767-1896847?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=garmin+305&x=0&y=0 See items 1, 6, 8, 13, and 16. What's the difference between them?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Can anyone explain why, when I search for "garmin 305" on Amazon.com, it comes up with several options that look the same but have wildly different prices? Check it out! http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-2133767-1896847?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=garmin+305&x=0&y=0 See items 1, 6, 8, 13, and 16. What's the difference between them?
                If you look at "ships from and sold by" under availability, you'll see that it's a 3rd party selling on Amazon. That's why theirs are more expensive. I bought #1....sold by and shipped from Amazon.
                obiebyke

Oh. Blush That makes sense now.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Runner

well...after much flip flopping on the idea I bit the bullet and just put in an order for one of the amazon.com 185.95 305's. I hope I'm as happy with it as a lot of you seem to be. For the money it seems like a good deal right now. I figured when the 405 came out it'd reduce the price, but from the looks of the 405 to me the price will go back up on 305's as people will like those features more(at least what I want)... Thanks for all the input...

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

I just found out that someone who works with my wife bought a Garmin 305 for her son for Christmas. He used it once and decided that he does not like it. He is trying to sell it. So if any of you are interested in a almost new Garmin let me know and I can get you in touch with him. I know it will be a good deal as my wife and her got them at the same time. My wife got mine from Costco when they had there discount and Garmin had the rebate.
                        No one interested in this Garmin????????????????
                        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I would be interested as I have been looking for one for my wife. How much are we talking about? I'm a little worried about paying and not getting it though. I know that WalMart has it for 179.00 and I was just waiting to see if the $50 rebate would be coming out again as my wife does not have to have one right now with it being so cold. Anyway, How much are we talking about.
                            2011 Goals:
                            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

A Saucy Wench

costco has the 205 for $149 they dont carry the 305 last I checked

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

No one interested in this Garmin????????????????
                              Maybe posting a price would help?
                                I think he is asking $125 for it. That's less then he bought it. Costco did sell the 305 before Christmas. As I said before my wife and his mom got them at the same time. Let me know if your interested and I will make sure of the price and can get you in touch with him. I just hate to see a garmie stay in a unwanted home Tongue