Treadmill Shoes (Read 1021 times)

I have a pair of Brooks Defyance shoes that I only wear on the Treadmill.   They currently have 707 miles but of course there are no visible signs of wear on them.    I only wear these shoes on the TM and have had been using them exclusively as TM shoes for the past 2 years (or maybe 3 years now)....

Should they still be OK or will the rubber break down or shold I be able to continue to wear them when running on the TM??

Thksk

Champions are made when no one is watching

Marathon Maniac #957

Once my shoes get close to 600 miles, I relagate them to the TM, too.  My current pair of TM shoes has 684 miles on them.  Mostly I just use them for short TM runs.  If I'm going to do 8+ miles on the TM, I will use a different pair.  Seems to me that if the shoes aren't bothering you or wearing down on one side, etc., go ahead and wear them as long as you want.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DoppleBock

Try and get 5000 miles on them ... That would be really cool! 

I have a pair of Brooks Defyance shoes that I only wear on the Treadmill.   They currently have 707 miles but of course there are no visible signs of wear on them.    I only wear these shoes on the TM and have had been using them exclusively as TM shoes for the past 2 years (or maybe 3 years now)....

Should they still be OK or will the rubber break down or shold I be able to continue to wear them when running on the TM??

Thksk

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Thats a pretty good idea.

I retire my shoes when I feel that my legs, knees and hips start feeling a little more sore or tired then they usually do for the types and duration of the workouts. I do track the mileage of my shoes, but not to change them at a specific mileage.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thats a pretty good idea.

I retire my shoes when I feel that my legs, knees and hips start feeling a little more sore or tired then they usually do for the types and duration of the workouts. I do track the mileage of my shoes, but not to change them at a specific mileage.

What he said.

I've got a pair of shoes that have around 1200 miles on them that I still wear...although less often now since the uppers are torn quite a bit and sand gets in them. The sole still seems fine, though...

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Try and get 5000 miles on them ... That would be really cool! 

I bought them new for the Treadmill ---- and they still look pretty new ----- 5,000 might not be out of the question....Ill keep you posted in about 10 years (After I have gotten 5,000 miles on my Treadmill....

Champions are made when no one is watching