Best treadmill EVER (Read 1315 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just did a workout on this thing in a hotel. It has a High-Def LCD with cable channels, iPod input that works with video, all kinds of workout programs (if you like that sort of thing) and a virtual trail run (or track) screen. I don't like treadmills but this thing is cool!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

But did it make you slouch?

likely it was screwing up your mechanics. you could run 20% faster if you put 60 pounds on your head. or something like that. I get the details mixed up.

MrH

My gym has the Precor treadmills with LCD screens. I've yet to find a type of program that's enjoyable to watch on a small screen that's not much more than 12 inches away from your face when running. Maybe scenic panoramas on National Geographic channel would be OK. Trying to watch hockey while running I thought my head was going to fall off.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Sounds pretty cool. Do you know if those are available in your hometown? Or, do you plan on trying to get one?

TRUST THE PROCESS

MrH

The Precor 956i with TV retails for $8500. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sounds pretty cool. Do you know if those are available in your hometown? Or, do you plan on trying to get one?
                It's a LifeFitness professional model and, no, I don't plan on getting one. I have a treadmill and a TV at home. It's pretty cool to see it at a gym, though. Much $$$, I'd bet.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Probably right on the cost. At our rec center, they have the Xpresso bikes, which are pretty neat. I've never used one as they are always busy, but you can choose a course and watch yourself ride the course on a good-sized color screen. Some of the courses include trails, mountains, etc., so the scenery is decent. You cansteer as if you are really on the course. I guess you can even log in and save your courses and info so you can track your progress online.

TRUST THE PROCESS

xor

I always liked the concept of a "professional" branding. Of course, it usually means "upscale", "solid", and "seemingly expensive". To me, running on a professional treadmill should mean that they pay me to do it.

MrH

I always liked the concept of a "professional" branding. Of course, it usually means "upscale", "solid", and "seemingly expensive". To me, running on a professional treadmill should mean that they pay me to do it.
                      Professional model: intended use is for many large people to pound the crap out of it for most of the hours in the day. Easy to clean of all manner of bodily fluids. Home model: designed to be easy to clean the dust off and not rust quickly from non-use. But don't actually try to run on it.

The process is the goal.

It's a LifeFitness professional model
                        Sounds like the ones at my gym. Helps with treadmill boredom but, as srlopez says, you've got to be really conscious of slouching as the screen is not at eye level.
                        Next goal: Great Wall Marathon
                          Trying to watch hockey while running I thought my head was going to fall off.
                          yeah, I tried to watch one of the Euro '08 games on one of those TMs this past summer at a hotel. It was rather nauseating trying to keep track of the ball while running...

Imminent Catastrophe

I like to watch Formula 1 in-car camera views. Feels like you're running really fast, but the turns can be disorienting.

xor

I like to watch Formula 1 in-car camera views. Feels like you're running really fast, but the turns can be disorienting.
                              Heh. That would be one of those things that would cause me to lean into the turn... and then I'd catch a foot on the platform at the side of the belt... launching myself in an inappropriate direction and probably hurting myself and perhaps others.

The Precor 956i with TV retails for $8500. Smile
                                I have a PreCor 9.35, but when I was shopping for it last December I saw True machines with TV's, fans, and IPod ports for around $2500. Shocked I'd rather watch the 42" flatscreen in my workout area, it's easier to watch and I can watch it on the tmill, elliptical, bike on a trainer, or while lifting...