Salt Lake City Marathon (Read 567 times)

It was a very warm day for a marathon. Start temp about 60, finishing temp about 80. Didn't really like the course, either. Finished in 3:31:13, matching my time from the Ogden Marathon 4 weeks ago exactly, and finished 3rd in my age group (M5054), which is exactly where I finished at Ogden. The only difference? With the warm day, this was a much harder run. I felt this one when I was done.
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Great run! I'm sure with it being warmer you can credit yourself a few "heat minutes" when you think about your time, right? After all, it does slow you down... Congrats on both your time and your placing!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That has to be hard to run when the temperature changes so drastically from start to finish. In a situation like that do you wear layers and simply toss things when it gets too warm? I've heard that by the end of the 5/3 Riverbank 25k that there is usually clothing strewn all over the sidelines of the course. I think you did awesomely under the circumstances! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Pron8r, Congrats on completing yet another marathon even though it's not the most ideal conditions. I did a double take on the finish time because it's identical to the Ogden Marathon. Talk about consistency! I don't care what you say, that is still an awesome marathon time. Besides, you're running a marathon every 4 or 5 weeks, which is incredible in itself. I wish you the best of luck with your remaining marathons!
            Pron8r, I'm impressed!! Heck, I'd be excited to live through a marathon & to finish that high up in two in just a month or so...you are amazing! Smile And zoom zoom was right, the clothing on the streets after the 5/3 Riverbank 25K could probably outfit a small third-world country. That is, if they didn't mind clothes that smell like dead people!! Big grin
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Thanks for the comments. As far as layering--yes, I normally do and discard as I go along. This was the first marathon I didn't need to layer at the start, which was kind of nice. As for "heat minutes"--I like the concept. Don't know if I can get many race directors to buy into it, though. It would also be nice to get credit for "hill minutes", and "wind minutes", and... Wink
              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48