3:20 Marathoners ... New and Improved for (the rest of) 2017 (Read 372 times)

Old Man National WHAT NOW???

Pesto

Hi everyone, good to see you here! Thanks McB for doing this! It's a lot easier to find for newcomers now I think.

DkW - sorry to hear, that's a real bummer on both fronts (kitty and marathon). But a good call of course, there are larger things in life than running. I hope she gets better soon. If so, it would be great to stalk track you and ace in Columbus.

max - I only seem to get one or two running shoes adds. RWOL was much more "in your face" on that front for me.

CK - glad to hear the hip is improving, hope it recovers fully soon!

ilana - glad to hear you're better, I was happy to see you log in activities on strava again.

I second rovatti's question... Old Man National what?!

Did a 7 x 400 yesterday with the running club in the rain. It was supposed to be a 8 x 400, but got there late and missed the first one. All around 1:25-1:28, except the last one at 1:20. Felt good, but right glute and hammstring are a bit tight still.

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

Strict WTF adherent

What is u-trow?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi guys, you don't know me, but I was in the group that left RW in 2012. Welcome!

One thing that's different on RA is the main forums like Racing are for questions and information, not dailies. The Recent Topics area shows the most recent posts from all of the public forums. Dailies threads take the top spots, and there are only 15 to begin with. The 2012 people have their own forums, like the one you started. It does reduce the # of people that find your group, but the Beginners and Beyond Forum that started from the BF on RW has 100's of members. The daily conversations aren't something that other RA members want to see every time someone posts. Several hundreds of us descended on this place at one time and it took a little time for everyone to fit in.

Again, welcome!

Joann Y

Thanks for posting, stealth!

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Ilana - I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

DWave - Sounds like you have a solid plan through spring. "Your" result from 2012 does stick out like a sore thumb in your race history at Philly.

OMR - Why is Max referring to you as Old Man National Champion???? Inquiring minds want to know.

Max - What's u-trow?

Stealth - Welcome. Also, I was afraid of something like that.

Me - The hip is doing better today overall, and actually better than it was 4 hours ago. There's still some pain, and I can't balance on my left leg (weakness) but my walking gait is almost completely normal right now. Even yesterday my hip was buckling some when transferring weight to my left leg, but that's all but gone. Hopefully this won't last much longer.
              Even so, I'm tempering expectations for my half at the end of the month and my goal marathon and thinking about how I want to approach the spring.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Strict WTF adherent

Okay, new, new, new thread ... out of sight, out of mind

Stealth and Joann Y -

hmmm...  when we were in our own user group, it felt like we were hidden away, and new members (which we want) wouldn't find us.

Agreed, it does seem like active threads (sub320, sub3, sub1:30, and 2018Boston) will dominate top spots on the racing forum.   Personally, I don't see a problem, as I like to follow active threads, and there are still 12 other threads (like "running with a pacemaker") that show up.

It's like noisy neighbors moving into a quiet neighborhood...

Joann Y

Stealth and Joann Y -

hmmm...  when we were in our own user group, it felt like we were hidden away, and new members (which we want) wouldn't find us.

Agreed, it does seem like active threads (sub320, sub3, sub1:30, and 2018Boston) will dominate top spots on the racing forum.   Personally, I don't see a problem, as I like to follow active threads, and there are still 12 other threads (like "running with a pacemaker") that show up.

It's like noisy neighbors moving into a quiet neighborhood...

Ha. Okay, it's been suggested to me that I give you guys a chance. Smile   It has been quiet around here. I think it would be nice if all of you guys also contributed to the general topics as well so we can get a sense of who you all are. Noisy neighbors can be fun. Didn't mean to be rude! Change is hard! WELCOME!

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Who says that the people who've been at RA for a while are using it correctly?  We could be like the Chinese moving into places like Laos, killing off the local culture and rich heritage in the interest of expanding our power.

If that post doesn't offend just about everyone, then like McB I've got nothing.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Ha. Now venture out of the Racing forum and spread a little cheer and laughter.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

ilana:  i'm avoiding using capital letters because rlk started using them, and someone needs to use lower case! 

AceHarris

Hopefully we can eventually get these forums narrowed down. I'm not sure how many to follow/post in. I'll go with here for now.

Having a little trouble keeping up w/ everybody on here.

DW: I hope you get to put your stellar training to use soon. I hope the cat improves quickly.

OMR: you're profile pic is something else.

Max: China, Laos, Running Forums...makes sense.

I had a deep tissue massage yesterday, a little bit a torture, but left feeling better. I did this about a week before my last marathon and thought it helped loosen me up.

Hey everyone else!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Has anyone else been able to verify their email to subscribe to the thread? I click the "verify" button in a thread/forum and nothing happens. I've even used multiple browsers (Chrome/IE), both with and without ad blockers and pop-up blockers.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

OMR

My life has simplified just a little, so hopefully I can slowly return to being a more regular poster.  And ilana, I will try to use capital letters every once in a while.  sEe? 

OMNC:  Oh, you had to bring it up, didn't you max?  So I participated in the USATF Trail Half Marathon National Championship last Saturday, and none of the fast old men (50-54) who were there signed up for the USATF competition, so I wound up winning my age group.  There were only two of us competing, hahaha...but I got a USATF National Champion patch for it.  Rather ridiculous.

Anyhow, 12.4 miles, about 1300 ft. of elevation...finishing time was 1:40:52.

Will try to catch up with everyone later...students are showing up, so I'd better start teaching!