3:20 Marathoners ... New and Improved for (the rest of) 2017 (Read 372 times)

KaiG

No-one's tracking dwave? Or don't we do that here?

Looks like she's following through on running Hartford, but has adjusted her pace:

Conditions aren't actually too bad there, looks like it's dry now, temp 61, humidity 84%.

10k 45:56 pace 07:24

13.1 1:37:06 pace 07:25

fb-guy

I want to be Max when I grow up.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

KaiG

Looks like dwave is done -- congrats on a great race with a big negative split: 3:10:43 (half: 1:37:06). Probably not quite what she'd been aiming at a couple of weeks ago, but considering how life interfered, 5 week taper and what not, I think very well done!

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Checking in, and thanks for tracking!  The weather actually felt much stickier and warmer than the official weather forecast (though better than Columbus will be tomorrow).  So I figured a hard negative split was my best chance of running a good race.  It was amazing how many people I passed after mile 17.  Everyone was falling apart.

I started struggling at mile 25.5, which tells me I executed about perfectly.

Nicely managed race.  It is rolling and has sections that are very twisty-turny, especially in the first 8 miles.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Jim E

Congrats Dwave! I think that's better than your CIM time, yes? Well done on sticky conditions.

I'm currently in a van heading north to Humboldt county for a half marathon. We'll be passing through Santa Rosa on the way, but the air should be much better after that.

screaminzab

Sorry for the quick drop in and then ducking. So cool to see some familiar  faces. To the folks I don’t know, it’s definitely Zab. I used to hang in the 3:20 RW thread a few years back and made some really great friends, some of which I still see on Facebook.

Anyway, here’s my story. Haven’t run a marathon in two years now...but the hunger is now there. Had a major health scare in the spring of ‘16, feet went numb for extended period of time...it was scary. Anyway, I’m in the clear. Late last fall, kind of recommitted to running regularly-ish. Ran a solid (for my lack of running and time away from the sport) 1:34 back in April. That got me jazzed up, but then the injuries started piling up shortly thereafter. Most of the last few months have been mediocre, but I feel like I’m headed in the right direction again. I’m now 5 years removed from my PR and so that ship may have sailed. But I want to see what’s left under the hood. I’m thinking of signing up for Chicago in 18, despite the fact that the registration timeline is completely f@cking absurd now.

I’ll try to add to my signature and whatnot and figure out how to work this thing. Can you swear? Do you guys talk about other stuff? Balls? Tables?

McBen, are you the ringleader of this?

DWave- congrats! I don’t know why this is still bold, what happened 5 weeks ago and why this is still bold, but great job!

Dad! Dad! 

Posting on my phone and bolding is kind of shitty. I apologize.

FB (guy?) - great to hear, FB! Let’s get together next time you’re in!

I’ll try to make it a point to check in regularly. I miss “this place.”

screaminzab

And JimE-

If you’re willing to sign up for a race 11 months ahead of time, come on over!

DW - nice time and great execution.   You've had a hell of a year,.  I imagine you're ready for a break.

Max - you have 3 overnights in this race?  What do you do?  Lie down on a rock?  Do you have a blanket?  Are there bobcats? It sounds worse than my days in the webelos.   GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE.

hey to y'all

pepperjack

pie man

I never made Webelos, Cub Scouts was it for me.

Max seems to be somewhere past 100 miles.  More than a hundred to go?

DWave, still a nice result. Hopefully the chip mistakes get sorted out.

I did my long run yesterday, wound up down by an old apartment in Rockville where I used to live (sorry mike mills, I went back) and used the trail nearby.  It had a few bumps which was nice, except I added some pace miles (hopefully not quite M pace, but who knows) and on the way back I hit a really steep up and that was the end of that.  Still, leaves me with a relaxed weekend which is fine.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

fb-guy

Well done Darkwave! Negative split, passing people, no real struggle until 25.5 -- wow. Congratulations.

I've found that if you just run an even split (or even a slightly even split) you end up passing everybody and get to see a bunch of wipe-outs on the side of the road.

Zab! Great to see you here -- sorry about the weird health thing, and glad you're feeling better. A 1:34 in the early days of a comeback shows that you are a natural talent. I'll try to figure out messages on this forum and drop you a note.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

AceHarris

Bib #1402 if anyone is tracking Columbus. It’ll be a little warm, humid, and windy.

dwave: well done at harrford!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Congratulations DWave!

Hang in there, Ace - looks like a fast start and a hard fade, but should still be a PR. ETA: 3:32. Ow, looks like a painful finish.

Can someone remind me of tracking information for Max?

Welcome (back) Zab!  I haven't run a marathon in nearly 4 years, and though I had been planning on one in December I got a stress fracture in July, so that's off the table for now. (With no balls in sight la la la.)

PJ - hah, now I'm earwormed.

Strict WTF adherent

I'm about to become a beer mile truther. Was I 4th today, or 7th? Details to come

Arvind Balaraman

hearty congrats DWave

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks guys for the congrats.  It is what it is.

Race report: http://wellimtryingtorun.blogspot.com/2017/10/race-report-hartford-marathon-october.html

Zab - I was targeting Mohawk-Hudson marathon, with a 4 week taper between my last 20 and the race (do a 20, then a half-marathon, then more taper).  But my cat got sick and I missed Mohawk-Hudson.  Thus a 5 week taper, and some uncertainty as to which marathon I was going to do.

Ace - I hope you're OK.  Conditions out there had to be awful.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.