US Postage Increase (Read 683 times)

Just a reminder, stamps go up in price in two weeks. Get your Forever stamps now and save a little bit of money. Smile

Michelle

Vim

modal, what's that snake saying to you?

Lazy idiot

Buying a crapload of forever stamps is not a great idea, as the cost of stamps has historically risen slower than inflation. Wink Buying a pack or two to get you through the next month or year (depending on how much you send snail mail) isn't a bad idea, but tons of cash in order to save a few pennies in the now isn't a good idea. What's the new cost going to be (for the three letters I mail each year)? Big grin

Tick tock

Buying a crapload of forever stamps is not a great idea, as the cost of stamps has historically risen slower than inflation. Wink Buying a pack or two to get you through the next month or year (depending on how much you send snail mail) isn't a bad idea, but tons of cash in order to save a few pennies in the now isn't a good idea. Big grin
            I didn't buy a whole bunch, just 100. We don't pay our bills online yet so we still actually snail mail out our payments. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to buy the Forever stamps, but we needed stamps this week and I wasn't about to buy a roll of the 41 cent stamps. I hate having to buy 1 cent stamps! Too many times I've gotten mail back when I've forgotten to add the extra postage after an increase.

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Sounds like you did it right. I heard stories about people spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on the Forever stamps so they could be cackling with glee in 10 years when stamps cost $0.60. We've been paying bills online for years now through our bank, so I rarely use stamps other than for birthday cards and the like.

Tick tock

PudgyRunner

Wedding invitation. Buying the stamps for them now. (Hey every few dollars helps)
                  modal, what's that snake saying to you?
                  I'm not sure what I am doing with that snake. -Am I charming the snake? -Smelling/Tasting the air? -Or going in for a French kiss? Background: My niece got the snake for her 3rd birthday. Crazy! Shocked

Vim

We don't pay our bills online yet so we still actually snail mail out our payments.
                    Woman, you need to get with the program and use online bill payment. Big grin There are a few things I still have to pay by mail or in person.

Vim

Woman, you need to get with the program and use online bill payment. Big grin There are a few things I still have to pay by mail or in person.
                      Oh wait. What I should have said was...My husband who handles all of our bill paying (trust me, this is for the best) does not pay anything online. SO, yelling at me won't do a bit of good. Big grin

Michelle

Background: My niece got the snake for her 3rd birthday. Crazy! Shocked
                        3!!?? Definately cwazy. How has the snake/ 3 yr old relationship gone so far? And more importantly (trying not to act like a hijacker), did your snake buy any forever stamps?
                          And more importantly (trying not to act like a hijacker), did your snake buy any forever stamps?
                          Nice save. Big grin

Michelle

A Saucy Wench

I should buy a book. Just because by the time I get around to using stamps I have so many denominations. Oh...except for Xmas. I send out about 120 Xmas cards each year. There is no rush to buy these though...they will be 41 cents through the next price change. MT:spell!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7