2020 Marathon Training and relevant COVID 19 discussion echo chamber (Read 700 times)

pepperjack

pie man

B&A is cancelled.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Marky_Mark_17

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNND I hate you. Really not sure we can even be online acquaintances at this point.

- Sharks Fan

This feels like one of those things where one team thinks it's a rivalry and the other team really doesn't care.  I wouldn't put the Sharks in our top 5 rivals.  All our real rivals have won a Stanley Cup.  You'd need someone to pull some sort of Mario Lemieux-like stunt to build some real hatred.

Wolvmar - yeah it's tough times at the moment.  I feel like we've still got at least another season or two of hangovers from Ken Holland's bad deals.  Stevie Y has his work cut out for him.  He'll turn things around but it ain't gonna happen fast.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

pepperjack

pie man

Red Wings fans over here trying to pretend that 8 over 1 series didn't happen. 

CalBears

They need to find another 5 Russians to become relevant again 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

DavePNW

They need to find another 5 Russians to become relevant again 

Swedes will do.

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

This feels like one of those things where one team thinks it's a rivalry and the other team really doesn't care.  I wouldn't put the Sharks in our top 5 rivals.  All our real rivals have won a Stanley Cup.  You'd need someone to pull some sort of Mario Lemieux-like stunt to build some real hatred.

Wolvmar - yeah it's tough times at the moment.  I feel like we've still got at least another season or two of hangovers from Ken Holland's bad deals.  Stevie Y has his work cut out for him.  He'll turn things around but it ain't gonna happen fast.

Hahahahaha true I can’t think of the Sharks being taken seriously without a Stanley Cup. It’s like being here last year with a 3:13 marathon.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Marky_Mark_17

Swedes will do.

Maybe we try something different and go stock up on Finns or Norwegians instead now.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

CalBears

Swedes will do.

Any samples when they did? And Norwegean hockey? Seriously? Can you name at least two of them? Ha-ha-ha! Swedes and Finns - good luck with that! They can change things when there are like 20 of them Smile

Though, I think Russian Five worked only because they were old school, Red Army Machine school - nothing like that anymore in Russia too, it's all like here - individual achievements FTW Sad

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Folks - If you don’t already know Tyson Fury, then google him and watch his fights. He’s the top dog ....he doesn’t throw or kick a ball...he destroys people. 🥊

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

San Jose Sharks just made all their events through the rest of the month private. Closed to the general public. Oh and the NBA is now dealing with it thanks to the Utah Jazz.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Hoping it stays small doesn't get cancelled.I was originally gonna to give them to Mikkey but he told me to sod off.  The poor kids spends 3 days in the hospital every month from GI issues. That's why he faded in Suffolk.  So if you're up for a race join us. I plan to have a blast there and I think that QDR and NYC Runs are the political foes of NYRR. A  lot of them broke out because NYRR races were becoming too costly and were closing out lots of slower runners. Its funny how high these races now cost but they tend to be smaller in a closed setting and have less runners, less overhead. They're awarding $$$ this year so get your refund come join the fun for $60 + ($4.85 processing fees)

I’ve never told anyone to sod off. You know exactly my beef and I’m not going over it again.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

pepperjack

pie man

Any samples when they did? And Norwegean hockey? Seriously? Can you name at least two of them? Ha-ha-ha! Swedes and Finns - good luck with that! They can change things when there are like 20 of them Smile

Though, I think Russian Five worked only because they were old school, Red Army Machine school - nothing like that anymore in Russia too, it's all like here - individual achievements FTW Sad

The '08 cup was Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Zetterburg, and, of course, the Mule.

The game Detroit was supposed to play tonight was against a team that can ice a Russian five--if you count the goalie.  And are a easy call up away from a Russian six...

CalBears

The '08 cup was Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Zetterburg, and, of course, the Mule.

The game Detroit was supposed to play tonight was against a team that can ice a Russian five--if you count the goalie.  And are a easy call up away from a Russian six...

Wow - there were like 9 Sweds that year! I miss old Soviet Union style of hockey - there is nothing like that anymore - impossible to replicate due to totally different World we live in.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Wow - there were like 9 Sweds that year! I miss old Soviet Union style of hockey - there is nothing like that anymore - impossible to replicate due to totally different World we live in.

Also because they lost in the Olympics and Canada started to play better hockey.

EDIT: My 5k was canceled. Bless your heart COVID-19.

VDOT 53.37 

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

At least with you running, I know there will be someone faster than me that I can chase . I was checking out some other half marathons within a few hour drive and the winners were at like 1:24, there is no way I would perform well in a race like that.

Philly love run on 3/29. I doubt the Cali master will be back but he ran a 2:26 at CIM. That race so fast I'd be 5th master.

Philadelphia Track club has a tone of runner you can latch onto. Simon was the Kid who won the OSR mile.

5 MILE 10 MILE FINISH
                                Pos. Name City, State Bib Sex Age Pace Time Diff
                                1 MATTHEW HERZIG WESTON, MA 26 M 23 5:12<small>/mi</small> 1:08:15 +0:00
                                2 ZACHARY BARKER WYOMISSING, PA 16 M 27 5:17<small>/mi</small> 1:09:16 +1:01
                                3 JASON AYR PHILADELPHIA, PA 15 M 31 5:17<small>/mi</small> 1:09:24 +1:09
                                4 NICKOLAUS LACHMAN ROBBINSVILLE, NJ 43 M 26 5:23<small>/mi</small> 1:10:41 +2:26
                                5 JEREMY ARDANUY BALTIMORE, MD 14 M 25 5:27<small>/mi</small> 1:11:27 +3:12
                                61 DARRYL BROWN EXTON, PA 17 M 36 5:27<small>/mi</small> 1:11:35 +3:20
                                71 SIMON VOORHEES PHILADELPHIA, PA 39 M 25 5:27<small>/mi</small> 1:11:36 +3:21
                                81 KENNETH RIDEOUT PACIFIC PALISADES, CA 55 M 47 5:33<small>/mi</small> 1:12:48 +4:33
                                91 MALCOLM CONNOR BRIDGEPORT, CT 19 M 24 5:40<small>/mi</small> 1:14:21 +6:06
                                10 DANIEL LINKINHOKER OAKDALE, CT 1531 M 23 5:45<small>/mi</small> 1:15:33 +7:18

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.