A Question (I always have a few). (Read 249 times)

kk_kittenkat

Why has this site got user groups? Why not just bring the traffic to the forums and draw in people publicly? Also where is the spell checker, I swear I nearly wrote 'pubically'.

well, one use is for teams. Coaches of those teams likely do not want anyone outside of said team to see what kind of training they are doing, or how they are progressing.

As for spelling, have you noticed that mispelled words are underlined? Right click on the word and you'll see a list of valid spellings.

Slo

I'm not shure Tom, I think that funktion depends on your browser. Mine hear at work dosent do it.

you really can't think of an answer to your first 2 questions?

the first trick in life is to know thyself.

I'm not shure Tom, I think that funktion depends on your browser. Mine hear at work dosent do it.

Good point, though I think that has more to do with javascript support being enabled than the browser. Do you have javascript enabled?

btw, well played with the misspellings!

kk_kittenkat

well, one use is for teams. Coaches of those teams likely do not want anyone outside of said team to see what kind of training they are doing, or how they are progressing.

As for spelling, have you noticed that mispelled words are underlined? Right click on the word and you'll see a list of valid spellings.

Why don't those teams just group email?

kk_kittenkat

you really can't think of an answer to your first 2 questions?

the first trick in life is to know thyself.

You really can't think of an answer to your question?

catwhoorg

Labrat

RWOL has user groups in  "Loop groups".

Facebook has user groups

Just about every other social media I have every seen has user groups in some form or another.

Its a functionality that some people want, so why not provide it ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

There's a super-mysterious thing called a "training log" on this site. Astonishingly, people who run enjoy using it and sharing/discussing these baffling logs within specific user groups.

mikeymike

RWOL has user groups in  "Loop groups".

Facebook has user groups

Just about every other social media I have every seen has user groups in some form or another.

Its a functionality that some people want, so why not provide it ?

Sure but RA is not (primarily anyway) a social media site. It's a training log.

Some of the groups are purely social but many have a training component to them--such as many of the mileage groups, groups training for specific races, running clubs, and school teams. These groups offer a way to let people see each other's training without necessarily making their log public to the world--you can make your log visible only to members of your group. And you can run reports--such as year to date mileage or all the races the members have run in particular week or month, or whatever.

Plus, as a shield-bearing feckwad I get to kick people out of my group at my discretion. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

mta: of course Tanya said what I said, only in a more clever way and with fewer words.

Runners run

catwhoorg

Labrat

Threaded discussions are much better than group E-mail

catwhoorg

Labrat

Sure but RA is not (primarily anyway) a social media site. It's a training log.

I use it both as a form of social media and a training log.

Smile

Because user groups are where the one, true spell checker is found.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

kk_kittenkat

Lol, point to you. Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Only one true wheel is needed on a cycle.

Wait.

Wrong thread.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.