inexpensive running clothes (Read 2677 times)

If you want to go even cheaper then check out Sierra Trading Post http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ They usually have Hind gear at greatly reduced prices - often running shorts and shirts in the $5 range.
    +1 on Sierra Trading Post Also Marshalls and TJ Maxx [owned by the same parent] have great cheap technical wear. [Sure it will be in a color that will allow you to be seen from space ... who cares?]

2012= under-goaled

I've used the site for shoes in the past, and kinda forget about it when it comes to other gear. http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Misinformation Officer

I am all for the super-mega-discount on tech gear, but READ THE LABELS b/c many more of them have cotton, especially the ones at Kohls. I tend to find better deals and lower prices at TJMaxx/Marshalls and target.com clearance and Sierra Trading Post, but read the comments sections about fit, etc.
        kcam

+1 on Sierra Trading Post Also Marshalls and TJ Maxx [owned by the same parent] have great cheap technical wear. [Sure it will be in a color that will allow you to be seen from space ... who cares?]
          LOL - So true! Why do they even make those colors? Just for us penny-pinchers that scrounge around at the discount places?
            LOL - So true! Why do they even make those colors? Just for us penny-pinchers that scrounge around at the discount places?
            actually is so that the penny pinchers are easily ID'd by thieves and allowed to pass unharmed

2012= under-goaled

mikeymike

Patagonia Capeline long sleeve in "visible from space" yellow: $8 at Marshalls. Nike 08 Eugene/Beijing t-shirt in crap brown with visible from space blue writing: $4 at Marshalls. Stickman Cotton/Poly running gloves with Marathon Sports logo: Free with a pair of shoes. Racing in a snowstorm and making the constipation face for the camera: Priceless.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

In stores that I visit, Target puts their Champion stuff on clearance every fall. I have quite a few shirts from Target, all of which cost no more than $5 each and some as low as $2.
                Yup. Every fall I load up for the next year at Target.

Not at it at all. 

this may have already been mentioned, but I really like Walmart's Danskin brand stuff. Very cheap and good quality. Of course, that means you have to purchase from the evil corporation... Undecided

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

JC Penney's has a line called SB Active (St. John's Bay) that is pretty good. My favorite shorts are SB Active - paid $9.99 for them and they have been washed about a hundred times. Nordstrom Rack has a lot of branded clothes cheap (especially when they are running their 75% off the lowest price sale). I buy Sugoi and Danskin on Ebay (and loads of Asics socks). Just bought a rockin' top made by Tail Tech for $4.99 (though I bought that for golf).
                    March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                      +5 on Target's Champion items. Especially their bras- I bought 3 for $10 a piece, and I find them much better than other brands like Under Armour, which usually go for $40. They're really comfortable, and hold up great! Their shirts aren't bad either.

My prewash:)

Mikeymike, Thanks for making me laugh this morning!!! Big grin I have some of those interesting race face photos also! I love Ross for finding cheap running stuff.

"Carpe Diem"

I've used the site for shoes in the past, and kinda forget about it when it comes to other gear. http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/
                          Wow, this place has cheap stuff! Are they irregular or normal I wonder.

- Anya

pitrunner

I'm pretty sure they're normal. I got a running skirt there last year for $11 and I love it.
                              Everything I've purchased has the tags, and I haven't seen anything that would indicate it was irregular. Sadly, the shorts are black and therefore cannot be seen from space.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Maybe - but probably not - I've gotten a few things from there and all seemed good quality and I didnt see any irragularities........ Another thing I do is to check out the stores like Dicks, Sports Authority and Running Stores but off season.....or in other words, go looking for your winter running clothes now...becasuse they end up with really good (name brand - that is if you care about that) stuff, but they need to get rid of it and so there are often really good deals......This past year I got a really top quality pair of winter running tights for $20 (normal price tag was $75)...... But you need to buy your summer stuff in October/November and your winter stuff in Mar/Apr - so you have to think ahead just a little.

Champions are made when no one is watching