NYC Marathon Training Programs (Read 417 times)

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the training programs found on the NYC marathon site and how well it worked. I am one week away from 18 weeks til Marathon day and I am just trying to find my next one. Looking at doing the Competitive runner one. Any thoughts? Found here: http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/training/trainingschedule.php

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'd be interested to know how it goes too. I've KINDA used the runner's world ones, but in general, I've always set out with a plan and never stuck with it. That's not to say I did not stick with the running or do the marathon (I've run NYC the last 2 years and ran ultras too) but I just end up doin my own thing: run a lot, race frequently and be sure to get lots of long runs in over the 18 weeks leading up (give or take) and allow for a taper. So, are you in the NYC area? If so, you should find a group to run with for some of the runs. I am sure a lot of the local teams are starting to switch gears to marathon training now.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

No, I'm around Indy. Im running the Indy Monumental in November, just thought this might be an interesting plan. Did Higdon the first two times.