Richmond Marathon - a PR by 9 minutes, an RA buddy, and some good beer. (it's a long read!) (Read 683 times)

va

Trishie, Congrats on your PR! That is awesome that your last mile was you fastest. That's what I call a kick!

Another Passion

Awesome race Trishie! Congratulations on the PR! Big grin You're an inspiration, girl! Wink ps - did you wave to my sister and brother in law? LOL Actually, I just found out that she had run the 8k race.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

muse_runner

keep running.

Great report Trishie, and awesome job on those last 6.2 miles. what a bunch of victories for you lately, passing the bar, a sub 4 hour marathon.... sheesh and you're not even 30 yet! world look out, trishie's coming! btw i appreciate your mental talk. i soooo understand!
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          WTG Trishie! Great PR, report and pics. Recover well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Congrats on the PR! Good job! Now you need to compete in a 50 miler and 100 miler! Wink modal (who needs to run a marathon before he hits the big three Surprised )

Vim

AWESOME race! Congratulations!

Michelle

mikeymike

Nice job, Trishie. You earned it all the way.

Runners run

Congrats on your PR! What a great month for you Trishie!! You should be proud, you've worked so hard! Cool
                  ---- Cynthia
                    Wow! Great race. How do you stay so steady?

Lazy idiot

Fantastic race, Trishie. Way to go! Big grin

Tick tock

WTG Trishie! Big grin
                        Crazy Train

You did so AWESOME!!! Way to go!! You had such a great race! Thank you for the report. Congratulations!!! Big grin

Runnin' from the law.

What an awesome race report!!! You did a great job and congrats on the PR. So..............when are you gonna come run Big Sur with me? Wink Although after reading Tory's race report about NYC I am really considering entering the lottery. Anyway.....great job, great report. You ROCK!
                            "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Marathonmanleto

WTG Trishie--I heard that's a tough course too! Nice job.
                              CherryDG

Great race report and congratulations on your PR! A few friends of mine ran Richmond also and said that the bridge at mile 15 was the hardest part of the course. But it sounds like you did just fine. Smile