2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

DoppleBock

Well - I have picked my fall marathon - Milwaukee Oct 3rd - I ran this in 2006.  Paid for it in 2008 and then was injured.  Paid for it in 2009 and then ran the USA 24 hour championship instead (Same date).  I am hoping that I actually get to run it this year.

$65 is not too much to pay to get a spot - Last year it closed in May.  There are > 800 poeple signed up already with a cap of 2,700 + 140 relay teams.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Well - I have picked my fall marathon - Milwaukee Oct 3rd - I ran this in 2006.  Paid for it in 2008 and then was injured.  Paid for it in 2009 and then ran the USA 24 hour championship instead (Same date).  I am hoping that I actually get to run it this year.

$65 is not too much to pay to get a spot - Last year it closed in May.  There are > 800 poeple signed up already with a cap of 2,700 + 140 relay teams.

Good for you, Mike. Seems like a good choice to take home field advantage.

kcam

Good for you, Mike. Seems like a good choice to take home field advantage.

Yes, there is a LOT to be said for the hometown marathon.  That's why I run the #$#^#^ Silicon Valley marathon every year.  It's relatively cheap, it's NOT a big event, logistics are exceedingly simple, get to sleep in my own bed, I know and train on the course all year round etc etc etc. 

DB your injury must be healed up with the massive mileage you're piling up right now?  Amazing.

The King of Beasts

Seems like a good choice to take home field advantage.

You just have to stay strong the last mile...

Dopple Bock taught me that.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

spinach

Yes, there is a LOT to be said for the hometown marathon. 

This is why I still say my goal marathon for this spring is the Lake Wobegon Trail  Marathon.  It is a hometown one that I run each year and I will be sleeping in my own bed the night before.  I am still looking towards it as my goal race although I doubt I will be ready for it.  Only 2 and half months to go and my knee is still keeping me from doing much running.  I am hoping that as the weather finally warms up one of the signs of spring will be that my knee will let me resume serious running.  Until that happens I am only able to run up to 7 or 8 miles and I feel I need to take a day or two off after each run. 

DoppleBock

Yes, there is a LOT to be said for the hometown marathon.  That's why I run the #$#^#^ Silicon Valley marathon every year.  It's relatively cheap, it's NOT a big event, logistics are exceedingly simple, get to sleep in my own bed, I know and train on the course all year round etc etc etc. 

DB your injury must be healed up with the massive mileage you're piling up right now?  Amazing.

I am flirting between stage 3 and 4 of recovery

#3)  Not completely over injury, can train but lay off the fast stuff and don't go too long or you might re-injure

#4)  You are really  healed - You just don't have the confidence to really juice a training effort yet

I thought I was in #4) until Tuesday nights long one, now the injured area is uncomfortable again - Maybe I am still in #3

So I layed off Wed & Today

DoppleBock

PS - I still plan on Monkey to give A1 a chance at revenge

DoppleBock

tooslow - Its show time baby!

Its time to put all that hard work to use - I like of the marathon as my victory lap - The day when you get to smile a lot and enjoy all that work you did in training.

Relax and be smooth!

Good luck this weekend, TooSlow!

Hope you are able to be the first graduate of "Class of" 2010.

On a side note, did anyone see the USATF 24-hour team roster?

USATF - News

Congratulations, Dopple Bock!  You are amazing....

John

On a side note, did anyone see the USATF 24-hour team roster?

USATF - News

Congratulations, Dopple Bock!  You are amazing....

John

Wow, this is big news. Congratulations Dopple Bock. You are most deserving.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

I'm in my third week on no running to let my achilles recover.  It's actually been 5 weeks of no running in the last 6 weeks (I tried running for a week but got worse).  My achilles has been feeling pretty good and I'm debating to wait another week or try easy running this weekend.

I'm also still signed up for the Way Too Cool 50k on March 13th.  I gave up racing it back in January, but I'm wondering if I could break it up and run parts of it with my teammates.  I have a couple of friends planning to do about 4:50, and I feel confident I could pace them for the first part of the race.  Then a few others are looking at the 6 hour mark, and I'm thinking I could stop at one of the aid stations and run with them for the back half.  If I tape my achilles properly, I don't see having issues with it going that slowly (my guess is it'll be closer to a fast walk).  Since I wouldn't be pushing any of the course, I'm thinking it would feel more like being on my feet for 6 hours instead of worrying about it being 31 miles.

What do people think.  Any experience with this kind of pacing?

jordirio

Good luck tooslow

One week for me

10km 38'19''

HM 1h22'07''

M 2h58'44'' 

DoppleBock

Today, a great race, the Barcelona HM

Cold weather, about 2-3ºC, overcast

9 AM

Previous PR 1h23'45'' last year

Today, good sensations, all km sub 4'

and finally  1h22'07'' , new PR

i'm very happy, ant this result may indicate a sub-3h in the Bareclona marathon in 3 weeks

jordirio - 03/07/10 Barcelona, Spain

Have you formulated your plan?  How are you feeling - must be in mid taper by now?

Had some great weather and a great race.

2:56:47 - Please add me to the list of graduates Dopple Bock.

Good luck next week Jordirio!

flovesparko

Had some great weather and a great race.

2:56:47 - Please add me to the list of graduates Dopple Bock.

Good luck next week Jordirio!

GREAT JOB TOOFAST!!!.  CONGRATS