2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

What Dopple said.  Plus if you've run most of your miles on the TM; you're probably mentally very tough right now.

Go get it done.

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

HermosaBoy

iTs not your fitness that has to be questioned - It takes a couple of weeks (1-2) to get your outside legs back. 

You will be fine!

Agreeed -- rockit John!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

bhearn

Boston bib #s are up! I'm 2762. But I'm going to run probably 3:15 - 3:20... I'm going to get trampled.

Want to run 3:05 - 3:15 depending completely on how I feel.   Might get passed by some people at the start. 

Took a 2:54:36 to get in first corral this year, pretty big drop from '09. My number is #2120, I'm hoping to close if not under 2:50...
              2890 this year.  Moved up 1 corral from last year because of a 6 minute qualifying improvement.   2:55-2:58 would suit me just fine.  See ya there!!

kcam

#2088.  My Boston PR is 2:58:02, looking to duck under that time.
                DoppleBock

Boston bib #s are up! I'm 2762. But I'm going to run probably 3:15 - 3:20... I'm going to get trampled.

I was in coral #1 the year I ran it and was only 7 weeks post injury - I think I was passed by 4,000+ runners in the 1st 6-7 miles.  I did pass about 2,000 back the rest of the race to finish in 3:07

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Its fun to see the excitement building to Boston

Keep up the solid training!

Maybe I can tie a rope on Kencamet!!

The Thunder

Boston Bib # 2585.  Goal, 2:54:19 or better.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

DoppleBock

Nice to see you Thunder - I have you added

The King of Beasts

I see what you did there.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

bhearn

Took a 2:54:36 to get in first corral this year, pretty big drop from '09. My number is #2120, I'm hoping to close if not under 2:50...

Drop, which way do you mean? I rode the T in with #1999 last year; I thought his time was around 2:50... yet from others I am hearing that the same time gets them a higher number this year (which has been the case now for the past several years).

OK, not that big of a drop. But last year it was 2:55:10 to get into Corral #1. So its only 34 seconds.