Whiners (Read 503 times)

#artbydmcbride

I've lost so much weight running I keep having to buy all new clothes! This sucks!

I could cut you!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some idiot near the front of a small paceline failed to adequately point out road debris (some sort of irrigation hose, from the look of things) a week ago.  The rider in front of me hit it, destroying her bike (cracked frame)...which made her bike come to a rapid stop with no warning.  As I was behind her I plowed into her.  My road bike is in the über busy shop until next Thurs. for a new left shifter.  I'm still sporting a massive hematoma on my left hip and impressive road rash, as well.  All in a year when weather, broken wrist, and life circumstances have made getting bike miles in a real challenge.

BUT...I have other bikes to ride, my busted bike is still repairable, I'm alive, healthy, and mostly uninjured, and my house didn't get blown away by tornado.  So all's good.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BUT...I have other bikes to ride, my busted bike is still repairable, I'm alive, healthy, and mostly uninjured, and my house didn't get blown away by tornado.  So all's good.

Exactly. No fun hitting the ground, sure is friggin' hard, huh?

Heal up, summer just started.

Get off my porch

Mostly harmless

HEY! No seeing the sunny side of things in a whiner thread! Take your "things could be worse" attitude elsewhere!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Exactly. No fun hitting the ground, sure is friggin' hard, huh?

Heal up, summer just started.

Right...at least last year I waited until late Nov. to screw up the whole "rubber-side-down" deal.  I need to pace myself better! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, a real whine:

Fucking mosquitos.  I can't outrun them and horrors if I stop for even 5 seconds (totally not an exaggeration.  They're even swarming in bright sunlight at high noon).  Fucking more rain all this week (we still have standing water in ditches from the April floods and are surrounded by bayous and only a mile from the Grand River) which will = even more fucking bloodsuckers.  DEET is no match for my profuse sweat.

That is all.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ooh, a real whine:

Fucking mosquitos.  I can't outrun them and horrors if I stop for even 5 seconds (totally not an exaggeration.  They're even swarming in bright sunlight at high noon).  Fucking more rain all this week (we still have standing water in ditches from the April floods and are surrounded by bayous and only a mile from the Grand River) which will = even more fucking bloodsuckers.  DEET is no match for my profuse sweat.

That is all.

Good one.

p.s. Sorry about your bike and road rash.

Ooh, a real whine:

Fucking mosquitos.

Totally!  It's kinda cool for a few minutes, but how much moaning and helium-voiced "Yes, just like that" can you really take?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

L Train

Thanks Clive, it had to be asked.

blythe_ann

Outside of knee hurt for three weeks due to apparent misalignment.  After an appointment with a chiropractor and wrapping my feet it went away for two glorious weeks (glorious except I was bit by a German Shepherd [I have one, so I love them, but they have big teeth!  And no, not my dog, a almost homeless man's dog] and had to have a tetanus shot).   Then, yesterday morning, the pain starts to come back and this morning hurt. 
                      If you are going to plague me, pain in the knee, don't give me two weeks of false hope.  I guess I should appreciate it, since I got two long runs in during that time, but still. 
                      Stupid pains.

5K: 23:45 10K: 49:50 Half:? Longest run: 20 miles

#artbydmcbride

Totally!  It's kinda cool for a few minutes, but how much moaning and helium-voiced "Yes, just like that" can you really take?

Roll eyes  groan!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Snerk! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Ooh, a real whine:

That is all.

+1  Minnesota state bird....  Damn things... They don't even taste good as you inadvertenly gulp one down ...  Do they count as a carb or protein?

Tim 

Feeling the growl again

Do they count as a carb or protein?

More protein.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

For every 100g of mosquitoes I tried to ingest, they'd probably buzz off with about a Kg of my blood.  Net protein loss.