Coolest Marathon medals (Read 3905 times)

The shirtless wonder

The rotating miami marathon medals are pretty cool too:

Imminent Catastrophe

Triple Lakes Trail Race gave out pint beer glasses. Finally, something I can use every day.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Coolest 10K medal:

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

by far, my favorite Medal from Soak City 2008

Jennifer mm#1231

GST

The rotating miami marathon medals are pretty cool too:

the Illinois marathon this year did that but the rotating inside is shaped like Illinois. Pretty cool.

Chickamauga is working on a theme with various states involved in the battle.  Pretty cool motivation to collect them all.

ymmv

I think I would travel for a marathon medal that also serves as a bottle opener.

A kokopelli theme would be cool, too.

Renee the dog

I think I would travel for a marathon medal that also serves as a bottle opener.

A kokopelli theme would be cool, too.

The medal from the Atlantic City Marathon is indeed a bottle opener this year. Smile  I thought of this thread...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Jill_B

I fly.

The medal from the Atlantic City Marathon is indeed a bottle opener this year. Smile  I thought of this thread...

I have that medal hanging in my closet... (but then I only ran the 1/2)... GREAT JOB!

Bring it on.

Go Pre!

2 pounds!

This is the medal that I hope to win in about five weeks.   http://www.route66marathon.com/latest-route-66-marathon-news/2010-williams-route-66-marathon-medals-revealed.html

I linked it so you could see it in motion! (edit:  I cannot seem to make the link live...sorry).

Kalsarikännit

The Bataan Death March medal looks like dog tags, which is kind of cool and different. The only thing is, they give it to you at packet pick-up. That just feels like too much of a jinx.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

The Bataan Death March medal looks like dog tags, which is kind of cool and different. The only thing is, they give it to you at packet pick-up. That just feels like too much of a jinx.

I have two of those!  One of my most favoritist experiences, though I didn't consider the jinx.

There are lots and lots of nifty medals and crummy medals.  Few medals hold true meaning beyond coolness.  The Bataan dog tags do, and that's extra special.

Imminent Catastrophe

Handmade ceramic.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016