Garmin Upload Not Working (Read 212 times)

mk885

Thanks

I switched over to Express yesterday and my run from today fed over to RA.

My runs from Fri and Wed are in Connect but have not fed over to RA.

Is there a way to feed those 2 runs to RA? (I currently have manually added the miles and time but obviously don't have all the other great detail when systemically fed)

Thanks again for all your help and the most awesome site that I think I spend the most time on.

Mike

eric :)

Hi Mike,

It may take a couple of days for Garmin to send the workouts to RA.  Wait and see if they come over.  If not, you can probably upload them manually from the watch.

eric Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, so I am having that problem with my Garmin. I just installed the Express and it's still not coming over. I just read ^^^^ so I guess I have to wait a day or two to see if it works? I still get the message that I have to install the Communicator but that's not used anymore? I guess I just have to wait.

runmichigan

Ok, so I am having that problem with my Garmin. I just installed the Express and it's still not coming over. I just read ^^^^ so I guess I have to wait a day or two to see if it works? I still get the message that I have to install the Communicator but that's not used anymore? I guess I just have to wait.

Have you gone to your Garmin Connect account to make sure the workouts are being uploaded there by Garmin Express?  Once they are there they should be automatically pushed to RA by Garmin Connect

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I think so. I haven't changed anything. I plugged in my watch and it didn't work.

runmichigan

I think so. I haven't changed anything. I plugged in my watch and it didn't work.

You need to go to your Garmin Connect account (garminconnect.com) and verify your workouts are being uploaded to your account.  If the recent workouts are not there then Garmin Express is not properly set up.   You need to open Garmin Express and make sure your Garmin watch is listed there and it has your account information (user name and password) so it can automatically upload your workouts to Garmin Connect.

If your workouts are in Garmin Connect, there is integration built that allows Garmin to push your workouts from Garmin Connect to RA.  To make sure that is turned on, go to Training Log -> Tools -> Applications in RA and verify it shows you are connected.  You may also need to verify it is connected in your Garmin Connect by going to Settings -> Account Information.  In the Applications list at the bottom of that page you'll see RA.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, I will try.

What happened between Sunday and Tuesday? Sunday it worked, as it always has, and Tuesday it didn't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You need to go to your Garmin Connect account (garminconnect.com) and verify your workouts are being uploaded to your account.  If the recent workouts are not there then Garmin Express is not properly set up.   You need to open Garmin Express and make sure your Garmin watch is listed there and it has your account information (user name and password) so it can automatically upload your workouts to Garmin Connect.

If your workouts are in Garmin Connect, there is integration built that allows Garmin to push your workouts from Garmin Connect to RA.  To make sure that is turned on, go to Training Log -> Tools -> Applications in RA and verify it shows you are connected.  You may also need to verify it is connected in your Garmin Connect by going to Settings -> Account Information.  In the Applications list at the bottom of that page you'll see RA.

Ok I did all that but it still isn't working. I give up.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

For the third time I have installed whatever Garmin and RA are asking me to install, Express, Communicator, whatever. I see RA at the bottom of the Garmin Connect. I have done everything and it still isn't working. I must be a complete dumbass.

runmichigan

Just to be sure - you do NOT need to go into RA and select upload.  When you connect your Garmin to your computer, Garmin Express should automatically upload your workouts to Garmin Connect.  Garmin Connect will then automatically push your workouts to RA.  The first time it does this, it can take a couple of days.  After that it should be pushed within seconds.  You will see that you have workouts pushed to RA by looking at the dark blue RunningAHEAD banner at the top of the page and seeing if there is a red icon on top of the icon with a down arrow.  The red icon will have a number indicating the number of workouts ready for you to save into your RA log.  Click on the red icon to be taken to the save page where you can save one or all of your workouts.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Just to be sure - you do NOT need to go into RA and select upload.  When you connect your Garmin to your computer, Garmin Express should automatically upload your workouts to Garmin Connect.  Garmin Connect will then automatically push your workouts to RA.  The first time it does this, it can take a couple of days.  After that it should be pushed within seconds.  You will see that you have workouts pushed to RA by looking at the dark blue RunningAHEAD banner at the top of the page and seeing if there is a red icon on top of the icon with a down arrow.  The red icon will have a number indicating the number of workouts ready for you to save into your RA log.  Click on the red icon to be taken to the save page where you can save one or all of your workouts.

Thank you for your help. I know all that because I have been using RA for a few years now. Like I said, it worked on Sunday. After yesterday's run I plugged in my watch, as I always do, and was then prompted to load Garmin Communicator. I read all the above posts and saw that others were having the same issue. I then (re)installed Express yesterday and today, and still nothing. I guess I will wait the day or two and see if it works. You can see by my training log that I have been using RA for awhile. Thanks again for the help.

runmichigan

You might try deleting your integration in both GarminConnect and RA and then re-establishing the integration.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You might try deleting your integration in both GarminConnect and RA and then re-establishing the integration.

Sorry, but what is that? How do I do it? I haven't tried that.

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

For the last couple of weeks my Garmin Connect "Activities" have not been getting imported properly into RA through the automatic integration that Eric has extended to the RA community. I keep getting messages in my RA Inbox that say "Data import failure - do not reply". The date/time stamp on the message is exactly at the time my workout was uploaded to Garmin Connect. My hardware configuration is different than Jack. My fenix connects to my iPhone Garmin app via Bluetooth and from my iPhone they get pushed into my Garmin Connect account on the internet. After that the wheels are coming off. Whatever Garmin is pushing to RA must not be in the proper format anymore, because each time I get the "Data import failure - do not reply" message and apparently Garmin knows that the interface is failing and continues to try throughout the day, because I keep getting several other messages "Data import failure - do not reply" throughout the day.

As a workaround, after each run I go into the Garmin Connect website and open up the details of the "Activity". In the upper right corner of the webpage is a gear icon. I click on that gear icon and a pop-up menu appears where I select "Export to GPX". Sometimes this works and it will download a file to my computer. Sometimes I get a error webpage. I hit the webpage refresh a couple of times and sometime the file will download. Other times I go back to the Activity webpage, click on the gear icon again and then select "Export to TCX". Sometimes this will download a file on the very first try, other times I get the error webpage where I hit the browser refresh button a few time. Almost every time I eventually get the TCX file to download. Once I have a GPX or TCX file on my computer I then go to the RA "Import your training data from a data file" webpage and manually upload the GPX or TCX file.

I sure wish Garmin would fix what ever is wrong with their export routine. I've seen other people complain about this issue on the Garmin forums and this is were I learned about hitting the refresh button when you initially get the error webpage during a manual export of a GPX or TCX.

Eric: do you have any insight on what Garmin's problem is? Your a paying customer of their XML integration. Have they given you any idea when this is going to get fixed?

runmichigan

To disconnect you need to go to GarminConnect and do the following:

"Other third party sites

• To disconnect other third party sites from Garmin Connect:
                                1. Select the User icon (silhouette icon on the left)
                                2. Select Settings
                                3. Select Account Information
                                4. Click Remove Permission under Applications"

And go into RA and do the following:

Go to Training Log -> Tools -> Applications in RA and click on Disconnect.

Then you need to re-establish the connection in RA.