Top 25 (Read 292 times)

SlowSteps

Wow Npaden, that is pretty impressive. I've never run that kind of mileage and probably never will. I'm generally a 500-1200 mile guy. I do find it motivating to look at the logs of folks who put in so many miles though.

Goals: 5K Sub 21:00

Running helps keep me sane & gives me a lot of time to think. 

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." Hebrews 12:1 (NKJV)

#artbydmcbride

bhearn just ran more than 149 miles...in one.day!!

Runners run

an amazing likeness

bhearn just ran more than 149 miles...in one.day!!

Not to mention the 160 miles he ran on Sept 24th in Spartathon !!!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

No more marathons

If you are in the 2016 in 2016 game forum you can run a report for the yearly mileage for those who are in that group.

You would need 3,000 miles for the year to be in the top 25 as of today.  There are 2 guys over 4,000 miles with 4,295 miles so far for the person with the highest yearly mileage.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks who are logging miles on RA that aren't playing that game so that is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Yep, some of the other User Groups have some pretty impressive numbers.

The 2000 miles group has three over 4,000 - with the highest at 4,653.

And there's one in the Marathon Group at 4,530.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

SlowSteps

Wow, that's insane.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." Hebrews 12:1 (NKJV)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Surely there is some cross-fitter who can outperform all those people without all that running.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

All time or current month?

"All Time" Months of 400-499 are common, 500-599 ... maybe 599 eeks you into top 25. 600+ is when it gets interesting.

But I can tell you mileage alone does not = how hard a month you had.  Add 2-3 speed workouts a week to a 500 mile month and it is much harder than an all slow 600+ miles month.

I am new to this site and was curious if there was a "monthly top mileage list" or something of that nature (not necessarily top 25)? I've looked at some very impressive running stats and am just curious?  I suspect the top runners here would have some high mileage.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

All time annual mileage - 5,000 might get top 25.  6000+ is pretty good - But again there is a huge difference between 4,000-4,500 with lots of speed work and 4,500-5,500 with all Slow Miles.

DoppleBock

There is likely a couple of  guys / girls that likes RA log that does not share his / her log that has run @ 6,000 this year. or at least > 5,000.

SlowSteps

That's a crazy amount of miles whether fast or slow in my book DoppleBock, but I do get your point.

npaden

That's a crazy amount of miles whether fast or slow in my book DoppleBock, but I do get your point.

DoppleBock has been one of the craziest in the past with 6,025.6 miles logged in 2012.  He also went over 5,000 miles 3 other years, 4,800 miles 2 other years and 3,800 and 3,992.  Those are some crazy miles.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mikeymike

And oh by the way he owns a world championships bronze medal.

Runners run

SlowSteps

Mikeymike that must be inside knowledge that I'm not aware of? 

And oh by the way he owns a world championships bronze medal.

rlopez

Yep, some of the other User Groups have some pretty impressive numbers.

The 2000 miles group has three over 4,000 - with the highest at 4,653.

And there's one in the Marathon Group at 4,530.

Dammit. So I would have won the swamp this year.  Oh well.

I once shot a man. Just for snoring.

Kalsarikännit

that must be inside knowledge 

Not at all.  It's been widely discussed here. We even have a DoppleBock Day.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart